• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why We’re Mad

I see some posters defending Rhule and arguing we should give him more time. Other’s are saying we were more patient with Rivera and Rhule he needs one more season. For those believers left, here’s why the rest of us are mad. 

Rhule hasn’t fixed any problems he inherited. We have no long term plan at QB. Our offensive line is a train wreck and we still can’t stop the run. To make matters worse, because we’ve traded away draft picks, picked up Sam Darnold’s 5th year option, overpayed for Erving and Eflein, signed Robby to an extension, we don’t have any realistic chance of fixing these problems in one offseason. 

Now that we’re eliminated from the playoffs it would be nice to see guys like Deonte Brown, Brady Christensen, Phil Hoskins, Shi Smith and TMJ get significant playing time to finish the season. What I fear more than anything is Rhule continuing to play vets in an effort to salvage his job without finding out if any of the young guys can help us.  If he couldn’t fix obvious problems that existed before he got here, I have no confidence that he’ll do the right thing now. 

Edited to add, Rhule should be fired now and have the interim coach play the young players  

Edited by Newbie
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Pff, Im seriously not mad, I lost my "mad" a long time ago, after the Washington game its been just goin through the motions.  Its just another year of watching my team get out played on every level, and it doesnt seem like the dudes on this roster have any pride in what they do besides a small handful.

The rookies have a reason to play hard. Brown, Hoskins and Shi were late round picks. There’s plenty of incentive for them to give it 100%. 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What Ruhle loyalists? Pretty much the only thing we can all agree with is Ruhle needs to be fired 

People were posting in threads earlier about this being a long term rebuild. There’s a thread from last week where some guy claimed we’re more hostile to Rhule then we were with Ron in 2013. There are people here who still support Rhule. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rivera’s team began to hit a groove exactly this week (week 12) of his second season as head coach. On the contrary, Rhule’s team is blaming the media for losses.

Rhule took over a team with three areas of obvious concern and has fixed none of them in two seasons. He’s so arrogant he thought he could coach up guys like Erving, Eflein, Dennis Daley, PJ, Teddy and Darnold and solve all of our problems. 

• Pie 4

Mad.........??

Hell....I can't wait to watch what the Panthers will mess up each week.......its a great laugh.........why I get more laughs watching Panthers screw up than watching that broken record clown Joel Osteen pretending everything is going to be all right with coach God every Sunday for 30 mins...

but the Panthers give me 3 full hours of comedy entertain..........

We're playing plenty of young players. Our problems lie in the QB situation, the O-line situation, and lack of execution which bespeaks of a problem with coaching. Rhule and probably Tepper either directly or indirectly need to reflect upon what it means to rebuild--be realistic about the fact that shortcuts don't exist and begin fixing the problems that they've created by ill-advised decisions on offense and being irresponsible with extensions and draft capital.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1