• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Believes his culture is working, even if the wins aren't there

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Culture my ass

just this past week we have the starting LT - who has basically been stealing a paycheck from the team whine about the media instigating crap with questions to the team. Not something a player on team with a winning culture would say. 

first round draft pick DT Derrick Brown - who has not lived up to expectations and at this point I would not pick up his 5th year option threatening to go to Harris Teeter and heckle a 17 year old who isn’t bagging groceries fast enough - again not something a player on a winning culture would say 

Also had some scrub on the OL say “it’s not my job” when he has been abused all season

and this goes without even mentioning the donkey brained coaching staff 

The fact that Rhule is still trying to sell that his culture is working despite these glaring examples that it obviously isn't tells me that he's run out of actual ideas. He's gonna lean into the same platitudes that got him hired to try to justify why he shouldn't be fired.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The fact that Rhule is still trying to sell that his culture is working despite these glaring examples that it obviously isn't tells me that he's run out of actual ideas. He's gonna lean into the same platitudes that got him hired to try to justify why he shouldn't be fired.

I mean I just listed three very recent examples of garbage that players are saying that do not indicate building a winning culture. Honestly, the three players who said it could all be cut tomorrow and no one would notice. 

I think it’s just projection, we’ve seen it a lot in politics the past two years. Anyone with a brain knows it’s complete bullshit 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

seriously, what is his goal? I mean what does the culture he's trying to create look like? 

Everybody looking up to him as the center of the Panthers universe.

That's basically the picture Rhule painted of his ideal NFL job when he was in college.

Rhule and Tepper are both the kind of guy who believes they're the smartest guy in the room, even when they're far from it.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Tepper is actually worth 15.8 billion (estimated).

For context, if you are making $55,000 per year, it's the equivalent to paying $174.

So roughly the equivalent to getting a 3 year wheel alignment policy at National Tire and Battery.

Should we all chip in $174.00 each? 🤔

(I'm down)