• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone have Tepper’s email, not Appaloosa

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, CRA said:

agree to disagree.   These are investments.  It's what Tepper does.   It's all he really is respected for.  

MLS won't be a massive loser.  The increase in valuation of professional sports teams has been insane over just a very short period of time.   Which is why Tepper parked his money in the Panthers....and it ups his status among his peers.

🤦‍♂️

35 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

🤦‍♂️

Ok.  You are right.  The billionaire no longer cares about making money first and foremost.  

He bought the team strictly so he could prioritize your team winning a Super Bowl above all.  A community he has no ties to.  And he is just lighting 2+ billion of his 15 billion networth on fire for fun....because apparently that is what 60 year old billionaires do.   

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's the primary guy you absolutely don't want having Tepper's contact info.

(that'd be Lifetime stalker movie material)

I met Tepper once.  So we basically are best friends by my defintion of best friends. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Ok.  You are right.  The billionaire no longer cares about making money first and foremost.  

He bought the team strictly so he could prioritize your team winning a Super Bowl above all.  A community he has no ties to.  And he is just lighting 2+ billion of his 15 billion networth on fire for fun....because apparently that is what 60 year old billionaires do.   

🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

🤦‍♂️

Here's the primary guy you absolutely don't want having Tepper's contact info.

(that'd be Lifetime stalker movie material)

Now that's quite funny coming from a guy who spent hours composing a 2-page, 26-paragraph, 737-word screed about why David Tepper is the devil -- talk about a fixation 😲

That said...good to see you back at full-strength...after a 45-day read-only sabbatical you've certainly made up for lost time with 1,575 posts since...that's 41 per day, every single day (I bet you can get the overall daily average up to 42 before midnight 😉)...

...gentlemen, to put this into perspective, miss a single day and you have to put up 82 posts the next day to keep the pace...this is what it takes to get to 513,492 posts... 

...a truly elite performance 🥇🏆🙌🍻

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

38 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Now that's quite funny coming from a guy who spent hours composing a 2-page, 26-paragraph, 737-word screed about why David Tepper is the devil -- talk about a fixation 😲

That said...good to see you back at full-strength...after a 45-day read-only sabbatical you've certainly made up for lost time with 1,575 posts since...that's 41 per day, every single day (I bet you can get the overall daily average up to 42 before midnight 😉)...

...gentlemen, to put this into perspective, miss a single day and you have to put up 82 posts the next day to keep the pace...this is what it takes to get to 513,492 posts... 

...a truly elite performance 🥇🏆🙌🍻

Insanity Going Crazy GIF

5 minutes ago, theACEboogie said:

Rhule will stay and there's nothing anyone can do about it, and it will turn out to be a good decision. Cam and Rhule will be in SB57 with Carolina and this board will be, officially, fuging retarded.

Do you have a numeric formula that proves this? 😐

10 hours ago, CRA said:

agree to disagree.   These are investments.  It's what Tepper does.   It's all he really is respected for.  

MLS won't be a massive loser.  The increase in valuation of professional sports teams has been insane over just a very short period of time.   Which is why Tepper parked his money in the Panthers....and it ups his status among his peers. 

Charlotte FC has a huge chance of failure. I don’t see Charlotte supporting an MLS team very well, especially one playing in an NFL sized stadium (yes I know they block off seats and modify the stadium). I see Charlotte FC being at the bottom of attendance in MLS next season. 

In stark contrast to last seasons MLS expansion team, Austin FC. I have season tickets and have seen first hand how well they built their fanbase and engaged the community. They were smart steering headfirst into targeting Hispanics who are already soccer fans with chants and team mottos in Spanish. The result was Austin FC was 5th in attendance in MLS in their inaugural season. 

I don’t see anywhere close to the level of success Austin FC has had generating new fans happening in Charlotte. Austin doesn’t have another professional sports team so it was ripe for a team to latch onto. Tepper is already hated for turning the Panthers into a miserable laughing stock so he won’t be getting many cross over fans. And I just don’t see anyone really giving a poo about the team. 

I bet Charlotte FC sucks ass, struggles to sell tickets, and the team only survives because of Tepper’s big pockets. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Charlotte FC has a huge chance of failure. I don’t see Charlotte supporting an MLS team very well, especially one playing in an NFL sized stadium (yes I know they block off seats and modify the stadium). I see Charlotte FC being at the bottom of attendance in MLS next season. 

In stark contrast to last seasons MLS expansion team, Austin FC. I have season tickets and have seen first hand how well they built their fanbase and engaged the community. They were smart steering headfirst into targeting Hispanics who are already soccer fans with chants and team mottos in Spanish. The result was Austin FC was 5th in attendance in MLS in their inaugural season. 

I don’t see anywhere close to the level of success Austin FC has had generating new fans happening in Charlotte. Austin doesn’t have another professional sports team so it was ripe for a team to latch onto. Tepper is already hated for turning the Panthers into a miserable laughing stock so he won’t be getting many cross over fans. And I just don’t see anyone really giving a poo about the team. 

I bet Charlotte FC sucks ass, struggles to sell tickets, and the team only survives because of Tepper’s big pockets. 

They're trying to sell PSLs for lower level tickets, it will be THE BOTTOM of the league in attendance. The Hornets have a hard time selling their tickets with NO PSLS.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, hepcat said:

Charlotte might not support it great. 

But basically pick any bad professional team in existence....and look at their valuation 10 years ago vs today.    That's all I am saying.    In 10 years the Jags went from like 700 mill  to 2.2 billion.