• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tommy Tremble?

Michael G

He's going to be good. This was the first year for a guy who wasn't expected to set the field on fire. He performed well when called up, made some good catches (and one really neat run) and didn't seem afraid of contact.

For a rookie TE that's a promising start. Considering the quality of coaching and play calling and QB work, he was a bright spot in a lackluster year.

He's going to take a couple of years to fully develop, but something tells me we will see steady progress next season and a breakout in year three.

• Pie 4

15 hours ago, BrianS said:

Here's what I don't get:

We employed, rostered and had active an actual fullback for the entire season.  He played 162 snaps.  Got offensive snaps in every single game.  He had zero catches on zero targets and zero rushing attempts.  He was STRICTLY a blocker when playing on offense.

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!

Tommy Tremble came out of college as a rookie and his calling card, his "NFL Ready" attribute was his ability to just (*&@ing destroy people as a blocker.  Tremble caught the ball reasonably well.  He was used in the run game.  We'll never mistake him for the all around threat that CMC is, but he was reasonably flexible and achieved quite a bit for a third round rookie.

So why on earth did we spend a roster spot on a fullback?  Tremble could have taken those snaps, and been an actual threat.  Forced the defenses to question what was happening.

I have nothing against Ricci, really, I don't.  Seems like a good kid.  But putting him in the game was an absolute telegraph to the opposing defense.  He's going to be a blocker.  He's never deployed in any other way!  Follow him to the ball! 

Just another naive move by our coaching staff.

That’s what I was saying. It’s like our coaches don’t know how to use players to their strengths. They have to constantly move them to other positions because of “muh versatility” which ends up just putting a good player in a new position that he won’t be good at.

the whole making Ricci a FB and having him take up a roster spot while learning the position is a dumb decision especially when we just used a 3rd round pick on Tremble who could be our FB. Ricci made some bone headed plays while learning the position, he caused a fumble in the red zone, luckily we won that game. If I remember correctly Ricci was more of a pass catching TE than blocking TE. If true then I really think that shows how bad our coaching staff is.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

the whole making Ricci a FB and having him take up a roster spot while learning the position is a dumb decision especially when we just used a 3rd round pick on Tremble who could be our FB. Ricci made some bone headed plays while learning the position, he caused a fumble in the red zone, luckily we won that game. If I remember correctly Ricci was more of a pass catching TE than blocking TE. If true then I really think that shows how bad our coaching staff is.

Yeah...Rici was actually a WR in college. You'd think he'd have a role that saw him catching the ball from time to time rather than doing the real dirty work. Not saying he could not learn to do it, just learn it on the practice squad. 

Edited by Michael G

19 hours ago, Michael G said:

I was kind of hyped when we drafted Tremble. I saw him as a versatile weapon and thought he'd play in the backfield, inline and flexed out. I think we under utilized him especially coming out of the backfield. For some reason Giovanni Rici was turned into our FB and I can't remember him being too effective in that role.

With Thomas leaving in Free Agency that will leave Tremble as our undisputed #1 option at TE, pending whoever comes in as a FA or via the draft for the 2022 season.

What do you guy guys think about that? Do you guys think Tremble will work out? Or will he be a bust?

Tell me how you feel.

I'm a big Sam Darnold fan when the play book is used correctly. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, WOW!! said:

Love the picked and still love the pick can't wait to see him and others with a experienced playcaller OC..

Here's the thing people seem to be missing. You could be the OC calling plays and if the offensive line was great, those plays would work.