• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McAdoo, what did people expect?

AU-panther

7 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I really don't understand what people were expecting.  

When you are looking for an OC you can't really expect some other "rockstar" OC to take a lateral move, those guys are looking for HC jobs.

For an OC opening your candidate pool is either ex HC/OCs who have probably done bad the past few years or unproven position coaches, such as some QB coach.

I'm not saying this guy is going to work out, but he actually has NFL experience being an OC, and actually has had a few decent years doing so.   Alot of these position coaches lack the actual experience that we complain about Rhule's staff not having.

Eiter way none of this is going to matter if we don't improve the offensive line and get better QB play.

This is actual Logic and Truth.  Hot shot OC's are not gonna flock to a team with a head coach on the hot seat and hot garbage at QB

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Rhule was a Tepper, Marty and Drummond hire.    

Tepper the money not a experienced nfl guy. Tepper has been in the league for only 4 yrs he's just now getting his feet wet,, and learning what it takes to build a team to make great strides!! Marty and Drummond been around a long time. Past comments has put complete blame on Tepper and that's wrong!

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

Are you day drinking or trying mushrooms?

If I'm day drinking you must be hammered!! These statements are opinions, but some things are facts!! Facts: Tepper the money not a experienced nfl guy. Tepper has been in the league for only 4 yrs he's just now getting his feet wet,, and learning what it takes to build a team to make great strides!! Marty and Drummond been around a long time. Past comments has put complete blame on Tepper and that's wrong!

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly me too. Of all the candidates we were interviewing he is probably the most qualified/fit the description of an OC that Rhule wanted. 

That says a lot about the quality of people who wanted to interview for the job. 

1 minute ago, razorwolf said:

If I'm day drinking you must be hammered!! These statements are opinions, but some things are facts!! Facts: Tepper the money not a experienced nfl guy. Tepper has been in the league for only 4 yrs he's just now getting his feet wet,, and learning what it takes to build a team to make great strides!! Marty and Drummond been around a long time. Past comments has put complete blame on Tepper and that's wrong!

I guess that explains why you have Gettleman still on the team for years too long, and repeat it just to make sure. And you proved you soberness with that poetry in this one. 

Here’s the first clue to good ownership. Don’t keep the guy who drove the team diving off a cliff….TWICE….in the past decade. Then ask him, or even listen to him at all in picking the guy who’s not only going to be HC, but have total control. That’s Teppers fault. That’s like a guy going bankrupt twice with the same money manager and then asking that same guy to recommend someone else to you. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Toomers said:

I guess that explains why you have Gettleman still on the team for years too long, and repeat it just to make sure. And you proved you soberness with that poetry in this one. 

Here’s the first clue to good ownership. Don’t keep the guy who drove the team diving off a cliff….TWICE….in the past decade. Then ask him, or even listen to him at all in picking the guy who’s not only going to be HC, but have total control. That’s Teppers fault. That’s like a guy going bankrupt twice with the same money manager and then asking that same guy to recommend someone else to you. 

Gettleman was GM when we went to the Super Bowl…so yeah

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Gettleman was GM when we went to the Super Bowl…so yeah

Drunk ass you couldn’t bother to read the post I was referring to on page 2 that says Gettleman hired Rhule among other things. Nice of you to stumble in with your usual stellar research and say whatever comes to mind. 

Edited by Toomers

14 hours ago, Toomers said:

Drunk ass you couldn’t bother to read the post I was referring to on page 2 that says Gettleman hired Rhule among other things. Nice of you to stumble in with your usual stellar research and say whatever comes to mind. 

I'm a little confused on this statement! I hate keeping rhule as head coach, but the buyout is probably the only reason he's being keep on staff and yes that would be tepper to blame.