• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are there any examples of owners who had a terrible start and then were able to turn things around...meaning make smart football decisions? You know what I mean here

ladypanther

9 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Pegula in Buffalo 

Benson in NO

Haslam sorta changing tune in Cleveland.

Benson bought the team in 1985 and the Saints sucked until Payton outside of a few Dome Patrol years.

If it takes Tepper 21 years to find a good HC then just fug my poo up.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

https://torontosun.com/2017/01/05/terry-pegula-a-case-study-in-billionaire-sports-team-owners-gone-wrong

I made a thread on it a while ago but there is a learning curve. Not all is lost.

You will probably see it with the Broncos in a few years because to in some ways even with their loaded roster

Jerry Jones is the exception because if he were In the salary cap era they would have struggled just like the Panthers.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Then here’s hoping Tepper catches on sooner rather than later.

Im just disproving the sentiment around here that once things are bad they are always bad.

I agree with you, but if it takes a long time I hope Tepper takes a "throw poo at the wall and see what sticks" approach rather than "stick by regimes that are clearly flatlining" approach.

Unfortunately to me, it looks like he's taking the latter.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

18 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Pegula hired Rex Ryans as his first HC. He was smart enough to fire him after two .500 seasons though, and hired McDermott from us soon after. I'm sure fans up in Buffalo were screaming that Ryan didn't have enough time to get things together like we have with Rhule on the Huddle.

Yeah if Rhule gets to do it with QB's and his OC, why doesn't Tepper do it with the HC? It's the only area where he can use the power of being super rich since the players have a cap limit. Either way might as well wait til next year to find a new HC and hope Rhule doesn't trade away the entire 2023 draft for Jimmy G

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah if Rhule gets to do it with QB's and his OC, why doesn't Tepper do it with the HC? It's the only area where he can use the power of being super rich since the players have a cap limit. Either way might as well wait til next year to find a new HC and hope Rhule doesn't trade away the entire 2023 draft for Jimmy G

He's using his money to buy soccer teams that nobody in the CLT area will care about.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Very seldom does it happen. Tepper would be in great position if he would just sit back, shut up, and sign checks. Coincide that with kicking Rhule to the curb he would be making a instant turn around. He's got a great front office with Fitterer and Morgan, just fall back and let them do their jobs.