• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The thing is you get a guy like that and give him a QB guru and the possibilities are endless. I mean Burrow adjusted his throwing motion and increased his velocity this offseason. Imagine what that looks like for someone with that gifted of an arm already.

Give me a guy with the stuff you can't teach and we will work on the rest. In a league where everyone is the top 3% in the world I'm looking for the guy that's top 1% and use that to my advantage. I don't want a guy who is already at his ceiling and still wasn't the best in college. A good coach will let him do what he does best and then slowly incorporate the more completed stuff as he goes along and learns.

You absolutely can play Willis year one and get results by doing what he is already really special at. No other qb really in this draft can say that.

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

He absolutely becomes a top 5 rushing threat at the position... there won't be 5 qbs in the league you would rather have in a pocket breaking down or rpo situation. That makes him a freak on that alone.ik5pjn6et4sfc50gkxtj.thumb.jpg.d62c227d35fc70eb50801be598e9f099.jpglooking at his legs and lower base he looks  closer to saquon barkley than the typical quarterback. You aren't going to take him down easily with arm tackles.  He lead the league as qb with broken tackles. That's a freak. 

The fact he steps into the league with a top 10 arm is also freaky talent. Like putting all those factors alone together makes him a freak. And I haven't even spoken  ridiculous start and stop ability. The guy is a freak athlete at 6'0 230 pound. That's pretty big for a qb at 6'0.

Ok, I just have to see that against NFL talent since since most of his competition is now going to be his equal in weight and strength, no more future car salesmen.

He's going to have to rely on his QB side. NFL LBs, DEs, DTs are extraordinarily tough. 6'5" 250lb Cam took a beating but he was a true freak of nature.

Edited by rippadonn

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Ok, I just have to see that against NFL talent since since most of his competition is now going to be his equal in weight and strength, no more future car salesmen.

He's going to have to rely on his QB side. NFL LBs, DEs, DTs are extraordinarily tough. 6'5" 250lb Cam took a beating but he was a true freak of nature.

It looked pretty much the same in the senior bowl. Those teams had future first round picks. Equal competition. He will still be faster than the average  defensive lineman and most linebackers who aren't freaks themselves. Corners are another matter tho.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, micnificent28 said:

Notice what you said. "I DONT Want my quaterback". That right there blinds you to the possibility of Willis or an other athletic passer. Regardless what you think about cams percentages that doesn't paint the full picture. Yeah 59% but what about the extra 700 yards on the ground and 10 rushing touchdowns? That won't show up in your passing statistic but make up for a few percentage numbers because how many 2nd and longs and 3rd and nothing is open and I picked up 10 on the ground. Cam was a sensational player.. if not for the pocket hit injury we easily talking HOF player as he is on the borderline right or right below as we speak.

Drew Brees or Cam?

I'm a huge Cam fan and I know that answer.

56 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Trask got better and more accurate every year. He had much better career and better accuracy than Pickett.

Screenshot_20220418-230944~2.png

Pickett is a better athlete but Trask is a better QB.

I honestly see very little to get excited about with Pickett when I watch him play. The measurables don't show up. The arm is average. He bails out of clean pockets too often. He just looked like a decently talented guy who had spent five years in the same system and took advantage of that experience advantage that will get spun around on him in the NFL where his talent level is average at the position. It's just not a recipe for success IMO.

I'm not against running QBs. I'd be ecstatic if Cam called and said he was coming back to dominate the NFCS with DJ,CMC etc.

He's not. Cam was basically Julius Peppers at QB a total package. All I'm saying is maybe now it's time to draft a Drew Brees, Payton Manning pocket passing gunslinger.

What I saw from Cams career is that even though you may be a good runner, their job is to teach you to be a pocket passer. More efficient, get those completions up. Stay on the football field.

Like Payton Manning coming in Carson is already reading defenses and changing plays at the LOS, throwing from the pocket, driving the ball down the field into the hands of running men. He's already advanced at what an NFL staff will be teaching him.

He's aggressive. He trusts his golden arm. Ike Taylor said he's the best back shoulder thrower in this draft. Ike also says Carson throws a bullet in between the hashes. Like I've said Strong should be QB2 in this weak, weak draft. Instead, a bunch of undersized throwers this year aside from Ritter and Strong.

Strong 2022!

13 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Other than popularity I don't see much to suggest Mahommes and Allen were the best QBs last year.

Brady and Stafford seem to lead most every way of measuring that. They are certainly uo there but not the obvious choices looking objectively 

Brady and Stafford were also not in the top 10 list Verge posted so the statement

"Like I get the argument, but the top QBs (Allen/Mahomes) in the NFL didn't exactly have "blow you away" completion percentage in college."

would be equally true as 

Like I get the argument, but the top QBs (Brady/Stafford) in the NFL didn't exactly have "blow you away" completion percentage in college. 

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

How man qbs are drew Brees and how many are cam? Two ones in a generation type guys. You can't take a water down guy and say he's drew Brees and you can't make another guy A 6'0 guy cam.

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

How man qbs are drew Brees and how many are cam? Two ones in a generation type guys. You can't take a water down guy and say he's drew Brees and you can't make another guy A 6'0 guy cam.

Ok, 45 seconds on the clock for the Superbowl. Who do you take? Cam or Drew?

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pickett is a better athlete but Trask is a better QB.

I honestly see very little to get excited about with Pickett when I watch him play. The measurables don't show up. The arm is average. He bails out of clean pockets too often. He just looked like a decently talented guy who had spent five years in the same system and took advantage of that experience advantage that will get spun around on him in the NFL where his talent level is average at the position. It's just not a recipe for success IMO.

You pay for that in the NFL. LBs get dinner plate eyes.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Are you making this a mobile qb vs pocket passser thing? Do you think carson strong is drew Brees? 

Tom and Drew are 67% completion regular season guys. The data would indicate that the answer is yes. With good luck and games played.