• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

29 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Elite arm talent. 70% completion percentage, 348yrds per. THATS elite, not running around like a chicken.

Lol first off production scoring whatever moved the chains.  That's what moves games. Call it chicken running or whatever as long as it goes on the scoreboard is all that matters. What makes your 70% completion any less manufactured than his rushing yards on top of his passing stats? NOTHING. Your just measuring by an outdated system.

There is a reason the pocket pass is almost extinct because it makes your more vulnerable if things don't go as planned. Everyone isn't brady... or elite between the ears. You using the exception as the standard and that's why your wrong. 

Strong isn't looked at as a first round talent because he just lacks the traits. Pickett does the things strong does but is more gifted in that aspect.

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lol first off production scoring whatever moved the chains.  That's what moves games. Call it chicken running or whatever as long as it goes on the scoreboard is all that matters. What makes your 70% completion any less manufactured than his rushing yards on top of his passing stats? NOTHING. Your just measuring by an outdated system.

There is a reason the pocket pass is almost extinct because it makes your more vulnerable if things don't go as planned. Everyone isn't brady... or elite between the ears. You using the exception as the standard and that's why your wrong. 

Strong isn't looked at as a first round talent because he just lacks the traits. Pickett does the things strong does but is more gifted in that aspect.

Wait, the passing in the pocket is almost extinct? 

Edited by mrcompletely11

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Strong isn't looked at as a first round talent because he just lacks the traits. Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

What is CMC fo?

Some of the people in the media and a couple posters here who like me KNOW Strong is a first round talent in this weak ars QB class know what a QB QBing looks like. Not hoping an athlete finally becomes a good enough pocket passer to win football games. He's ready made Payton Manning reading and calling plays from the line.

Pick It? C'mon. He's not the QB Carson is. AND Carson ain't smol, if you know what I mean. Lol. Pickett? Strong is NFL draft ready as a junior, it didn't take HIM five years. Lol.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wait, the passing in the pocket is almost extinct? 

I think he means the statue QBs. The new crop are all pretty athletic minus Mac Jones. Even Herbert and Burrow are rolling out creating more time with their feet. That’s actually why they are calling Strong’s lack of mobility a negative. That plus his knee are hurting his draft stock.

Carson said in an interview he always thought he'd have to earn his way to being a starter. He said he started out fifth on the depth chart.

He worked and studied his ass off Payton Manning style to BECOME number 1. Nothing was handed to him. He had to play for it. Same kind of story for my guy last year Kyle Trask.

Carson played hurt all season and put up his best numbers ever. DIDN'T MISS A GAME.

High IQ grinder. Fighter. 

That's a QB1.

That's why a guy like that, if I like him I'm taking him and handing him the ball.

Strong #1 jersey would be tiiiiiiight! Strong one. Get it?

Strong 2022!

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

What is CMC fo?

Some of the people in the media and a couple posters here who like me KNOW Strong is a first round talent in this weak ars QB class know what a QB QBing looks like. Not hoping an athlete finally becomes a good enough pocket passer to win football games. He's ready made Payton Manning reading and calling plays from the line.

Pick It? C'mon. He's not the QB Carson is. AND Carson ain't smol, if you know what I mean. Lol. Pickett? Strong is NFL draft ready as a junior, it didn't take HIM five years. Lol.

Wasn’t you the one who KNEW Trask was the best qb as well? You an anyone who agrees with you clearly are looking for a lesser talented guy who might pan out but probably won't. Guy isn't going in the first 2 rounders. He is will Grier caliber fools gold. You saw some high gody completion percentage(at Nevada of all places) and said this guy is good.

Stats do not=surefire nfl translation.  Your over here parading colt brennen like talent around and and saying look they did good in college this is why they will be good in the pros. I'm not asking Willis to be a pocket passer. That's what you want.

I want my guy to make plays when needed. Fact is there are throws Willis can make that Strong because of his physical limitations can't. Throwing and running. Guy just doesn't have enough special traits. And when that comes up all you are going to say is his completion percentage which could just mean I check down a lot.

A good offensive coordinator can manufacture yards and basically make a qb look better than he is.

Edited by micnificent28

12 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Fair assessments all around but I disagree about the arm and the windup.

His arm is probably on par with Corral's and if not, still above Pickett's. 1-10 scale probably something like:

Willis-9

Corral - 8

Strong -8

Pickett - 7

If anything Strong's arm will look better this coming season as he progresses healing from the surgery he had before the season last year. He'll actually be able to step into his throws again. Apparently that's been a point of emphasis for him and Jordan Palmer leading into the draft. 

As for the release: 

I don't see the long hitch like I do with Howell. I think it looks a hair slower than Pickett's but the arm strength is there to make up for that slight dip. 

Sam Howell had more career passing yards and TD’s than Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson…

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Wasn’t you the one who KNEW Trask was the best qb as well? You an anyone who agrees with you clearly are looking for a lesser talented guy who might pan out but probably won't. Guy isn't going in the first 2 rounders. He is will Grier caliber fools gold. You saw some high gody completion percentage(at Nevada of all places) and said this guy is good.

Stats do not=surefire nfl translation.  Your over here parading colt brennen like talent around and and saying look they did good in college this is why they will be good in the pros. I'm not asking Willis to be a pocket passer. That's what you want.

I want my guy to make plays when needed. Fact is there are throws Willis can make that Strong because of his physical limitations can't. Throwing and running. Guy just doesn't have enough special traits. And when that comes up all you are going to say is his completion percentage which could just mean I check down a lot.

A good offensive coordinator can manufacture yards and basically make a qb look better than he is.

Not the best QB. The dark horse of that draft. The best value nobody was talking about. Went high second round before the Panthers could get him. That guy?

56 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Also if you've actually been listening to anything I've said 6'2" 207lbs is too small for a NFL starting QB so no Colt would not have been on my list.

Edited by rippadonn

13 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Also if you've actually been listening to anything I've said 6'2" 207lbs is too small for a NFL starting QB so no Colt would not have been on my list.

I'm saying your judging qbs on a outdated scale Russell Wilson found success under 6'0, kyler Murray, drew Brees, vick, whoever the height requirement doesn't really hold water anymore with the way the game is played now.

20 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Not the best QB. The dark horse of that draft. The best value nobody was talking about. Went high second round before the Panthers could get him. That guy?

And what had Trask done to warrant that.. gotten a offer anyone wanna trade for him has he proven you right? Or is he just a backup? Sometimes a guy is who we thought he was. Not some magical dark horse.

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I'm saying your judging qbs on a outdated scale Russell Wilson found success under 6'0, kyler Murray, drew Brees, vick, whoever the height requirement doesn't really hold water anymore with the way the game is played now.

I'd rather my QB be face to face with a 6'4"320lb DT. For his sake. Then we can go from there. It's football.

10 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

And what had Trask done to warrant that.. gotten a offer anyone wanna trade for him has he proven you right? Or is he just a backup? Sometimes a guy is who we thought he was. Not some magical dark horse.

He was on his way, he beat out Blaine Gabbert and was next up until Tom unretired. We'll see. 

Also Kyle is a good potentially great QB and he'll be a load to deal with in goal line situations, he could actually run a couple TDs in, country big, country strong. Ive seen him push a couple hog mollies into the end zone for a TD.

Edited by rippadonn