• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobby Wagner

Smithers

3 minutes ago, Michael G said:

its a little more complicated than that I think. I do think because of our history of losing and the questionable moves made by our coaches and FO in recent years, we are not on many FA's wish lists.

But money talks. I think maybe the reason we paid Thomas so much is that he wouldn't stay for what he was worth. (We should have let him walk) He got the "we suck" bump to his contract.

Other FA's may be brought in that way but its unsustainable. We really have to get the draft right and make good trades and pick up FA's that aren't on other teams radars or that have relationships with coaches or players here that might make us more of a feasible option. 

Hopefully Fit and the FO can get some of these things done right. I will DIE if we bring back J. Carter Jr. back on a mid-tier level starter contract!

You just perfectly describe the results from Hurney drafting and team building.  I had hope we were beyond that with a new staff. Early results say no.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Why is it that every time any decent player gets cut someone invariably starts a thread asking if they should come here?

We got another thread "gestopo" here ladies and gentlemen 👏

Edited by Geronimo
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, Michael G said:

Hopefully Fit and the FO can get some of these things done right.

This is an excellent point.  Unfortunately with the crazy release of money over 2 years (stupidity moves) we just will not have the money to pay.  rule has done us in.  I'll support the players but screw rule into the ground.

• Pie 1