• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Yea, he has all the traits a lot of the huddle overrates, a cannon and he runs.  The negatives are he misses reads a lot, he uses his arm strength to make up for the fact he never throws with anticipation, and I would also say the fact he didnt dominate lesser competition and looked pretty bad against better competition.   He is a poor mans cam right now.   His strengths are similar but not as otherworldly as Cam's and his weaknesses are the same but worse.  All that being said he could still be the best prospect.   I honestly have no idea anymore lol.  Hes definitely a scary choice though.

I think that's a terrible comparison. Cam to Willis? One is 6'5 the other 6'0. 250 to 220? One a power goalline runner while Willis will mostly depend on his speed. Dominating usually depends on the team and not just one player... did Wentz and Josh Allen dominate in their tenure against lesser competition?

If he and picket are =in terms of accuracy.. Willis has a stronger arm and is faster plus has more upside...are you trying to get a Jimmy G or the next Lamar Jackson? I mean if your going to overdraft either way

38 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

This. I see a qb that has a big arm but won’t stay in the pocket. Running QBs don’t last and don’t win Super Bowls. 

In his defense he usually didn’t have much of a pocket to stay in, but yeah I get your point. He could have developed some bad habits…

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I think that's a terrible comparison. Cam to Willis? One is 6'5 the other 6'0. 250 to 220? One a power goalline runner while Willis will mostly depend on his speed. Dominating usually depends on the team and not just one player... did Wentz and Josh Allen dominate in their tenure against lesser competition?

If he and picket are =in terms of accuracy.. Willis has a stronger arm and is faster plus has more upside...are you trying to get a Jimmy G or the next Lamar Jackson? I mean if your going to overdraft either way

I wasnt comparing him to Cam as far as play styles.  Just their strengths and weaknesses.  Cam obviously was much bigger.  I would say Josh Allen definitely looked better in college than Willis.  Allen had plenty of question marks coming out but not nearly as many as Willis.  I'm not sure the Pickett Jimmy G comparison is accurate at all.  I'm not advocating for any qb in particular.  To be fair I dont think Willis is anywhere near Lamar Jackson level athletic and are we talking about Lamar vs. Jimmy g in regular season or playoffs?  Depending on that the answer may be closer than you think.

Edited by Tr3ach

I will say this. Even tho Willis isn't rated a generational top 10 quick his upside is. No one saw Lamar Jackson coming and many wanted him to move to WR. He doesn't have to have the highest credentials to change the game. All Lamar did was become the NFL MVP and most dynamic weapon in the league. If you think the ravens can't win a super bowl with Jackson your just stuck in a old way of thinking.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lamar Jackson isn't elite either. He's not a great passer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I wasnt comparing him to Cam as far as play styles.  Just their strengths and weaknesses.  Cam obviously was much bigger.  I would say Josh Allen definitely looked better in college than Willis.  Allen had plenty of question marks coming out but not nearly as many as Willis.  I'm not sure the Pickett Jimmy G comparison is accurate at all.  I'm not advocating for any qb in particular.  To be fair I dont think Willis is anywhere near Lamar Jackson level athletic and are we talking about Lamar vs. Jimmy g in regular season or playoffs?  Depending on that the answer may be closer than you think.

I'm not comparing Lamar to Jimmy G or Willis. I think Pickett his ceiling is about Jimmy G. He's about a second round talent in a good year and you could make the same case for Willis. That was also said about Lamar Jackson but the wild card was Jackson's upside and if he could capitalize on it. Well if Jackson figures it out and he did how good is he then?

He changes the position and forces teams to adjust to a whole new scheme. They can't all out blitz him like they did us all last year and I think the same applies to Willis. He isn't as fast as Jackson but he's faster than Hurts for the eagles. What I'm gambling on if I'm overpicking which you would be doing with Willis and Pickett is upside.