• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favor Malik Willis?

micnificent28

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

Obviously indicative of the clear fact the league is changing. Some people don't like it but they don't have to watch they can covet their highlights from back when football was played the "right" way in their minds 🤷‍♂️

And to be clear I am not Willis or bust. It is just extremely tiring to see the same "I don't want another Michael Vick!!!!" takes on repeat. Some people are painfully backward.

Thank god you aren't GM.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Obviously indicative of the clear fact the league is changing. Some people don't like it but they don't have to watch they can covet their highlights from back when football was played the "right" way in their minds 🤷‍♂️

And to be clear I am not Willis or bust. It is just extremely tiring to see the same "I don't want another Michael Vick!!!!" takes on repeat. Some people are painfully backward.

So with every other qb prospect it's ok to entirely focus on their weaknesses but with Willis you can only focus on his strengths and if you mention his clear weaknesses its just because you hate "mobile" quarterbacks?   Willis has just as many questions marks as any other potential first round qb.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sir you can be mad if you want but even armchair GM's here wouldn't have traded three draft picks and guaranteed 19 million dollars to Sam Darnold.

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

Lol I didn't want to do it either.

I also didn't want Teddy.

But right now the smart play is drafting a great tackle.

If I thought Willis could be Steve Young or Staubach or Russell Wilson or Mahomes I would be going crazy for him. 

I just think he is too risky. 

I also didn't want Tua or Mac Jones.

We should have tanked for Trevor. It was right there for us. It was stupid beyond belief to sign Teddy and not roll with Grier. Now we could be going thru guys for several years.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the college systems have as much impact on that evolution as the changes to pass interference and illegal contact have made. The reality is that it's just a lot easier to have a high flying passing offense in the NFL nowadays than it was 20 years ago.

Rules have changed a lot in the past 20 years, for sure.