• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

1 hour ago, Neal Perts said:

Why do pocket passers keep winning the super bowl year after year then? 🤔

Brady...  has won what more than half the last few super bowls.. HE IS A UNICORN. But I guess we saying mahomes is a pocket passer Russell as well go look at the league bro. Those guys who are deemed pure "pocket passers" are a dying breed.  That's not me exaggerating that's look at the starter for each team.

Now how long do you think it's going to take for not pocket passers to win?

Screenshot_20220331-102109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220331-102116_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Willis is not special to me. He’s unsure of himself even with throws that he completes. He doesn’t throw guys open. He throws to his first read if they are open and then tries to run. His game against his only real competition he looked like an average athlete (Ole Miss). He’s somewhat reminiscent of Cam coming out in his inability to anticipate. The difference is that Cam was 5” taller, 35lbs heavier, and probably faster than Willis. 

Malik Willis doesn’t have Watson’s elite college production to back him up. He doesn’t have his throws or his comebacks in tight situations. He doesn’t have wins over Saban. I’m not a huge Lamar Jackson fan but he isn’t as athletic as Lamar. He isn’t as big as Allen or Newton. 

I don’t get the love affair with him? His arm is strong?? How many times have we seen that end really really badly when that’s the big draw? 

The best comparison for Willis imo is Tarvaris Jackson. Same size. Both good but not elite athletes. Big arms. Not a ton of elite college production to back up the skill set. It’s all going to be about how he gets developed and in a league wher you’re kinda expected to come in and be elite by year 2….I just don’t see it happening. Cam wasn’t elite as a thrower by year two but he was unstoppable as a runner. 

Don't think cam is faster than willis..Willis... you telling me Willis isn't running a mid 4.5 I think that's a stretch when his on field speed has been timed equal to kyler. His arm is Cam level coming out of college with the ability to change the speed and velocity on his throws which Cam still can't do.  We using Ole Miss vs liberty to say he socks?

Whole team was over matched.. how many qbs do we take their worst game of the year to define them and say this is who he is as a player..

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Willis is not special to me. He’s unsure of himself even with throws that he completes. He doesn’t throw guys open. He throws to his first read if they are open and then tries to run. His game against his only real competition he looked like an average athlete (Ole Miss). He’s somewhat reminiscent of Cam coming out in his inability to anticipate. The difference is that Cam was 5” taller, 35lbs heavier, and probably faster than Willis. 

Malik Willis doesn’t have Watson’s elite college production to back him up. He doesn’t have his throws or his comebacks in tight situations. He doesn’t have wins over Saban. I’m not a huge Lamar Jackson fan but he isn’t as athletic as Lamar. He isn’t as big as Allen or Newton. 

I don’t get the love affair with him? His arm is strong?? How many times have we seen that end really really badly when that’s the big draw? 

The best comparison for Willis imo is Tarvaris Jackson. Same size. Both good but not elite athletes. Big arms. Not a ton of elite college production to back up the skill set. It’s all going to be about how he gets developed and in a league wher you’re kinda expected to come in and be elite by year 2….I just don’t see it happening. Cam wasn’t elite as a thrower by year two but he was unstoppable as a runner. 

Bro really???? Yall think Willis is this slow? Yall are reaching... smh

Screenshot_20220331-102701_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

They’re just picking random black QBs who weren’t as successful as Willis will be. No different than lazy Jamarcus Russell comparisons for Cam in 2011.

Give me a better comp? You guys think he’s Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Mike Vick, Alex Smith? I mean who is the comp for:

6’0”; 225lbs, small school, big arm, maybe the least comparative production in 1st round history due to his conference. I’ll wait. 

The Josh Allen comp is ridiculous. Allen is essentially the same QB as Cam and Willis isn’t Cam. Like I said he’s not built the same as those guys…

• Pie 1

Just now, unicar15 said:

Give me a better comp? You guys think he’s Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Mike Vick, Alex Smith? I mean who is the comp for:

6’0”; 225lbs, small school, big arm, maybe the least comparative production in 1st round history due to his conference. I’ll wait. 

The Josh Allen comp is ridiculous. Allen is essentially the same QB as Cam and Willis isn’t Cam. Like I said he’s not built the same as those guys…

Go look at what Allen did at Wyoming… (Spoiler- nothing impressive at all). Willis had Liberty ranked in 2020 and beat bigger programs in Virginia Tech and Syracuse (they suck but should be able to handle a Liberty University). 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Go look at what Allen did at Wyoming… (Spoiler- nothing impressive at all). Willis had Liberty ranked in 2020 and beat bigger programs in Virginia Tech and Syracuse (they suck but should be able to handle a Liberty University). 

There are a ton of examples of QBs who have won big with big arms at small schools. You’re saying Allen is the comp?

13 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

There are a ton of examples of QBs who have won big with big arms at small schools. You’re saying Allen is the comp?

He has the arm and strength/speed of a Allen. Allen is obviously taller, but both had some work to do as passers coming out and will be drafted on potential. Why does there have to be a comp? Maybe Trey Lance (also taller, but small school raw passer). He is an athletic QB with a strong arm, strong leadership and has been showing great maturity/character in his interviews. He blew away the other QBs in the Senior Bowl based on his intangibles. It’s not like he was passing in the low 50s for percentage. He was a solid passer at Liberty when he had a pocket. It’s not like the Panthers are the only team high on him… 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He has the arm and strength/speed of a Allen. Allen is obviously taller, but both had some work to do as passers coming out and will be drafted on potential. Why does there have to be a comp? Maybe Trey Lance (also taller, but small school raw passer). He is an athletic QB with a strong arm, strong leadership and has been showing great maturity/character in his interviews. He blew away the other QBs in the Senior Bowl based on his intangibles. It’s not like he was passing in the low 50s for percentage. He was a solid passer at Liberty when he had a pocket. It’s not like the Panthers are the only team high on him… 

Comparisons allow projections and the NFL has existed long enough that I don’t think anyone is really gonna break the mold. So….there’s a comp out there for Willis and I want to know what it is. Bc if there isn’t one then that means he hasn’t done enough to warrant one which is concerning. My fear is that he has comps but we just don’t want to say them bc they aren’t favorable in a year we need a QB. Same as with Pickett. His comps aren’t favorable. We need a QB. We avoid the discussion. 

3 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Comparisons allow projections and the NFL has existed long enough that I don’t think anyone is really gonna break the mold. So….there’s a comp out there for Willis and I want to know what it is. Bc if there isn’t one then that means he hasn’t done enough to warrant one which is concerning. My fear is that he has comps but we just don’t want to say them bc they aren’t favorable in a year we need a QB. Same as with Pickett. His comps aren’t favorable. We need a QB. We avoid the discussion. 

Who was Mahomes Comp? Josh Allen? They can name QBs with similar traits, but they are like nothing I’ve see before. Who was Lamar Jackson’s? Russ Wilson’s? 
NFL.COM has Willis as “Jay Cutler (arm)/ Jalen Hurts (build/play style). So there are some comps for you…  Kind of pointless IMO.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/malik-willis/32005749-4c61-4428-8345-922a57c28423

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Name a comparison for Newton coming out? There really wasn't one. People like to compare everyone to something but the fact is that isn't always the case. Especially with the NFL evolving the way it is. Guys like Willis probably would have been moved to running back back in the day(Pat White) or WR(Marcus Vick). The dual threat RPO type game really took off with Cam so we are kind of in Uncharted waters with these kinds of guys.

I wouldn't say Willis is lightening fast like Vick.. or a giant bruiser like Cam but he's in between... he's Small height wise but very strongly built. His legs are massive and allow him to break a ton of tackles and sacks in the pocket. I think he is unique in that he is more of a power runner than we have seen in smaller guys... 

We haven't really seen a guy with his style of play and attributes which is why everyone is having a hard time putting him in a box. Speed wise he isn't the fastest but he's more than above average. I say between Kyler and Russ. I want to have him at a 4.47-4.53. I think he's probably about McCaffrey speed in terms of just running a straight line.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Brady...  has won what more than half the last few super bowls.. HE IS A UNICORN. But I guess we saying mahomes is a pocket passer Russell as well go look at the league bro. Those guys who are deemed pure "pocket passers" are a dying breed.  That's not me exaggerating that's look at the starter for each team.

Now how long do you think it's going to take for not pocket passers to win?

Screenshot_20220331-102109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220331-102116_Chrome.jpg

Mahomes had less than 50 yards rushing in his entire playoff run through the super bowl.  In the playoffs its imperative to be accurate and a pure pocket passer.  

• Pie 1