• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Obvserver’s Alexander interview with Fitterer

raleigh-panther

So as we went through the process, we really kind of were drawn to him. There were a lot of quarterbacks that year, but he was like the one guy that had that ‘it’ factor to him. So we interviewed him at the senior bowl, and then the combine we kind of stayed away from him. We knew we were going to go down that road. And we just kind of played it really quiet with him and we took him. 

This is telling.. If he's following the footprint, there's one guy they are doing this with, actually 2. Ridder and Strong. Both that could be hand in the second or the third if they trade up. 

12 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

This is telling.. If he's following the footprint, there's one guy they are doing this with, actually 2. Ridder and Strong. Both that could be hand in the second or the third if they trade up. 

Howell too.  They saw him play in BOA a time or two-Rhule was on the sideline (I think).  Think about it--howell and Wilson have many of the same skills.   He is not mentioning Howell, and if we trade back say, 10 spots, we could be starting to get into Cassel, Howell, Ridder, Strong range.

• Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

Howell too.  They saw him play in BOA a time or two-Rhule was on the sideline (I think).  Think about it--howell and Wilson have many of the same skills.   He is not mentioning Howell, and if we trade back say, 10 spots, we could be starting to get into Cassel, Howell, Ridder, Strong range.

Totally forgot about Howell.

I think this is great insight into how Fitt thinks. His evaluation of Wilson is pretty telling. The physical qualities don't always matter that much compared to the intangibles. I remember watching John Gruden's QB camp on ESPN for the upcoming QBs in the draft and Wilson stood out a lot. He was smart and had the "it" factor. 

My take is that they have their selection for LT and QB narrowed down. But the plan is to trade down to hopefully get both. But if they stay at 6 I would not be surprised if they don't take an edge rusher. The Huddler will implode killing a million hamsters. 

If they do manage to trade down I get the feeling it will be for Penning and Ridder or Howell.  The top 3 QB's will probably be gone before their next pick they trade down to and even if one is there I feel they would take Penning over him. Then they could get the QB with their next pick, either late 1st or 2nd round.  

I'm not buying what the team is selling with all this QB interest being displayed publicly.  Nope, I smell a rat.

• Pie 1