• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Oh, I know. They tore down the bank in the middle of downtown, and are building a multi million dollar condo place next to Bull McCabe's. My house here in Durham is worth 100% more than we bought it. I hate it's getting like this, but it's getting like this everywhere. 

It takes alot to impress me, what they did with the old tobacco buildings turning them into condos was beautiful. Bro I would think long and hard about selling.....Again Im leaving, got a offer I couldnt refuse, sad part is each passing day its not as much as I though when I signed the contract.   

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Asheville is our favorite city to visit in NC. Wilmington's downtown area sucks now compared to when I was growing up down there. Durham has built itself up. Not sure you've been here enough to think that. 

I should say the surrounding areas of Wilmington. Their downtown does suck but the areas around like Southport are really neat.

5 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

You've got outskirts like that in Wilmington, and you just called that one of the nicest cities in NC. LOL. 

It has more going for it, it’s not just a place you go to get a beer, and as far as violent crime it’s pretty minimal.

If you’re goal is to get a beer every night and go to a show then maybe Durham is for you but overall that’s not my scene, though I do enjoy a good beer. Then when you couple that with there being quite a few areas that you don’t want to be in… it’s just not my scene. But for people that it that’s great.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

10 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Asheville is our favorite city to visit in NC. Wilmington's downtown area sucks now compared to when I was growing up down there. Durham has built itself up. Not sure you've been here enough to think that. 

Asheville is great.

Family lives up on one of the mountains in Black Mtn. and it’s really nice. Great food, fishing, breweries, outdoor life, golf is really good. Just a solid town.

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It has more going for it, it’s not just a place you go to get a beer, and as far as violent crime it’s pretty minimal.

Ive heard wilmington has a bad drug problem now, dont know if its real or not. The bad/hardcore type. The housing prices have explosed as well.

Edited by Basbear

Just now, Basbear said:

Ive heard wilmington has a bad drug problem now, dont know if its real or not. The bad/hardcore type. The housing prices have explosed as well.

Not sure about the drugs, a good friend of mine bought a house there right before covid hit. He could flip that thing now and probably make close to an 80% profit.

Hopefully it always keeps that small beach town vibe. I’d hate to see it become something like Daytona in 50 years time.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not sure about the drugs, a good friend of mine bought a house there right before covid hit. He could flip that thing now and probably make close to an 80% profit.

Hopefully it always keeps that small beach town vibe. I’d hate to see it become something like Daytona in 50 years time.

You DO NOT WANT A DAYTON.....dear god no.

FYI- if youre a super liberal do not visit dayton, your head was explode within the first two hours.  Its still better than jacksonville tho...

Just now, Basbear said:

You DO NOT WANT A DAYTON.....dear god no.

FYI- if youre a super liberal do not visit dayton, your head was explode within the first two hours.  Its still better than jacksonville tho...

I drove down to visit some family in Tampa… I’ll say I made it a point not to stop in Daytona, just waited until we got to Orlando.

I also don’t know what the hell a buckey’s is but apparently everyone loves it.

4 hours ago, toldozer said:

You understand I quoted someone else that used the phrase let's be real, right?

no, I did not--makes more sense now.  (did not read the thread--just read your post and laughed a bit--not trolling, just thought it was funny)

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I drove down to visit some family in Tampa… I’ll say I made it a point not to stop in Daytona, just waited until we got to Orlando.

I also don’t know what the hell a buckey’s is but apparently everyone loves it.

Orlando is bad enough.... Ive been looking at homes close to TB.....you can still get some bang for buck there. Im looking form WV to FL. My real estate guy flexed on me recently calling form Jupiter, I can not even afford to buy a candy bar there.....

If you or anyone knows some old farm for sell in the WV to FL areas, drop me a DM. Open to anything right now..

• Pie 1