• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

Fact: the most memorable thing about this year's college basketball season in the long run will be UNC completely derailing K's farewell tour.

Deal with it. Yeah, I wish we had ultimately cut down the nets. That would've been awesome. But it'll also always be awesome thinking back on the greatest regular season win and greatest non-championship post-season win in UNC history both coming within the space of a month from a completely unexpected team. That's what made this run so fun. NO ONE saw it coming. 

Do you know what fact vs. opinion is?  This is your opinion:

Fact: the most memorable thing about this year's college basketball season in the long run will be UNC completely derailing K's farewell tour.

It can be your opinion, but it's not factual at all.

Here's a fact:  Carolina blew the biggest halftime lead ever in the National Championship game.

• Flames 1

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

Do you know what fact vs. opinion is?  This is your opinion:

It can be your opinion, but it's not factual at all.

Here's a fact:  Carolina blew the biggest halftime lead ever in the National Championship game.

Let's circle back on this on a decade. People will still be talking about the wins over duke. No one will remember Carolina's short bench and stars playing on sprained ankles running out of gas down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An 8 seed. Choking. In the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Imagine being dumb enough to put that string of logic together. 😂

Man, St. Peter's totally choked in the Elite 8. What chumps! 😂 😂 😂

At least you admit you hold everyone to one standard and Duke to another. 😂 😂 😂

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's circle back on this on a decade. People will still be talking about the wins over duke. No one will remember Carolina's short bench and stars playing on sprained ankles running out of gas down the stretch.

Lmao everyone will believe that Falcons choke job y’all pulled out. Only tarheel fans are going to say it’s because our guys were hurt and ran out of gas. Lol Kansas played the same amount of games. Y’all chocked live with it!

3 minutes ago, panther8484 said:

Lmao everyone will believe that Falcons choke job y’all pulled out. Only tarheel fans are going to say it’s because our guys were hurt and ran out of gas. Lol Kansas played the same amount of games. Y’all chocked live with it!

😂 😂 😂

An 8 seed. Literally no one expected this team to go beyond the 2nd round. Y'all are so shocked we're not horribly upset because none of us expected this run. Duke expected to be there. That's the difference. It's not a difficult concept.

There's a reason why there's only a small handful of folks tone-deaf enough to be talking trash. 😂

Oh, by the way... be good. Don't get banned again.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

An 8 seed. Literally no one expected this team to go beyond the 2nd round. Y'all are so shocked we're not horribly upset because none of us expected this run. Duke expected to be there. That's the difference. It's not a difficult concept.

There's a reason why there's only a small handful of folks tone-deaf enough to be talking trash. 😂

No it’s only y’all keyboard warriors on here. Nobody has literally said anything like that to me outside of this forum. Y’all have nothing better to do then sit behind ur phones and make poo up. Sore losers lol

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

An 8 seed. Literally no one expected this team to go beyond the 2nd round. Y'all are so shocked we're not horribly upset because none of us expected this run. Duke expected to be there. That's the difference.

Respectfully, that's BS. Duke was a 2-seed that I felt like probably should've been a 3. I felt like they peaked earlier in the year and after scraping to the ACCCG, was hoping for a regional final appearance and seeing where it went from there. And the UNC fans I know absolutely felt like S16 or E8 were within reach.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Respectfully, that's BS. Duke was a 2-seed that I felt like probably should've been a 3. I felt like they peaked earlier in the year and after scraping to the ACCCG, was hoping for a regional final appearance and seeing where it went from there. And the UNC fans I know absolutely felt like S16 or E8 were within reach.

I told buddies that this team could make an Elite 8 run or lose by 20 in the 1st round. They were capable of beating anyone (and getting beaten by anyone). I never dreamed they'd come anywhere close to the final game.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I told buddies that this team could make an Elite 8 run or lose by 20 in the 1st round. They were capable of beating anyone (and getting beaten by anyone). I never dreamed they'd come anywhere close to the final game.

After VT, I felt like Duke or UNC could go a long way or lose in the first round. Duke didn't even make the dance last year and their stronghold on the regular-season title felt more tenuous as the season went on. College basketball is a fickle mistress, and I don't underrate anyone when March rolls around.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Coach K literally made Duke a thing. Beating him not once, but twice and in the only Tournament matchup ever and sending him into retirement ends the rivalry talk. So yeah. Just go on and shitt bud. Keep crying and whining. It's cute. 

No, Duke had played in the NCAAs before and 2 National Championships before K arrived.  They weren't Gonzaga or a Connecticut type program with little to no success before a coach arrived and made them an annual contender. 

I think most Carolina fans despise Duke because he did make Duke a successful program on an annual basis, he took Dean out of the spotlight and outperformed him as well....5 National Titles to 2 (Roy even did better than Dean). 

Anyways Carolina fans can keep spewing their garbage and opinions and feel good about being the National runner up....it's another meaningless banner they can hang up in their dome. 

What they can't live down is the fact that they lost a 15 point lead in the National Championship game.  I bet if Roy was still coaching he would have won that dad gummit. 

Just like the Failcons Super Bowl collapse Duke fans rejoice:

Never Forget 4/4/2022:

FPjQrkGXsAAgtug.jpg

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

No, Duke had played in the NCAAs before and 2 National Championships before K arrived.  They weren't Gonzaga or a Connecticut type program with little to no success before a coach arrived and made them an annual contender. 

I think most Carolina fans despise Duke because he did make Duke a successful program on an annual basis, he took Dean out of the spotlight and outperformed him as well....5 National Titles to 2 (Roy even did better than Dean). 

Anyways Carolina fans can keep spewing their garbage and opinions and feel good about being the National runner up....it's another meaningless banner they can hang up in their dome. 

What they can't live down is the fact that they lost a 15 point lead in the National Championship game.  I bet if Roy was still coaching he would have won that dad gummit. 

Just like the Failcons Super Bowl collapse Duke fans rejoice:

Never Forget 4/4/2022:

FPjQrkGXsAAgtug.jpg

I hate K because he's a miserable prick who makes everything about him.

😂 At you desperately trying to make that Falcons thing happen when your legendary coach got served up in the two biggest games of his season by a rookie head coach with a far less talented team. 😂 😂 😂

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You didn't answer my question:  Do you know what a fact is vs. an opinion?