• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Outside opinions on the Panthers draft plans

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

As you may or may not noticed I didn't compare completion rates because in college it is very obscure.  How many drops and of course as you pointed out Allen didn't throw as much so a couple more drops here and there will definitely lower the rate..  I think you can see his accuracy now.   

Willis will not be so lucky.    He's a 6 foot running QB that will get destroyed in the NFL.  

Just read the man's draft profiles.  He had accuracy issues in college and was properly developed by Buffalo.  I don't think we are capable of developing Willis, but trying to say Josh Allen didn't have accuracy issues and the huge difference in completion percentage is from drops (because those Liberty WRs are SO much better than Wyoming's...) is made up garbage. 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Weaknesses:

• Has accuracy issues
  • Ball security
  • Decision-making needs to improve
  • Throws too many interceptions
  • Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws
  • Struggled against better teams
  • Played at a low level of competition
  • Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer

On 4/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Captroop said:

"Raw." "High ceiling." I heard the same things being said about RGIII. Not encouraging. Especially with our track record of "developing" and protecting QBs.

RG3 had an amazing Rookie season and who knows where his career would be if Shanahan didnt fug him over.

• Beer 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Captroop said:

"Raw." "High ceiling." I heard the same things being said about RGIII. Not encouraging. Especially with our track record of "developing" and protecting QBs.

Said it the entire time you don’t draft projects in the top 10 of the draft. Willis doesn’t need to be anywhere on the Panthers board at 6. 

On 4/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, LondonderryPanther said:

"Take nothing for gospel"

Probably the best take for the next 3 weeks

The thing with that take is that people can get away with saying whatever they want and say it was from a source. That's why I don't believe anyone that says they have a source, does not matter how high in the ladder they are in. Hell Schefter and Rappaport have been caught in lies and they are still 'insiders'. 

No hate for Ellis. Just saying in general. 

I think the one huddler that has been right most of the time than not has been Verge, and that's why I tend to believe her a lot more.