• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic's Dane Brugler's 7-round mock draft

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Love the Isaiah Thomas pick. I've mocked him to the Panthers with their late 4th round selection.

Cade Mays could be decent depth. I especially like the value in the 7th.

I hate the rest of it tho.

I’ve mocked Thomas and Mays as well. Mays has played some center and has experience at all 5 positions 

• Pie 2

I am certain about this:  Nothing is certain.  It is not certain who we will pick, if that pick sucks or goes to Canton.  Just gotta hope for the best. 

NFL Network did a piece on "Twitter Rage" where they looked back at the tweets from the 2018 draft, for example.  Many People in Buffalo were outraged when the Bills selected the "wrong Josh" (they wanted Rosen).  So for those of you pretending to know who will be good and who will bust---I have this for you:  You could be wrong.  

There.  I said it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Carolina Panthers
RD. (PICK) NAME, POS., SCHOOL
1 (6)
Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
4 (137)
Joshua Ezeudu, OT/G, North Carolina
5 (144)
Isaiah Thomas, Edge, Oklahoma
5 (149)
Terrel Bernard, LB, Baylor
6 (199)
Jalen Nailor, WR, Michigan State
7 (242)
Cade Mays, OT/G, Tennessee

Dang. In this draft, at their slot, only Mays in the 7th seems like we are getting above slot value. 

• Beer 1

FWIW, Brugler says in the description of the 6th pick that he’s not sold the Panthers are taking a QB:

6. Carolina Panthers: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

There is zero consensus around the league on where the run on quarterbacks will start, so it is tough to feel confident about this projection. There’s a decent chance I won’t have a quarterback here in my final mock draft, but the Panthers haven’t been coy about their interest in the quarterback prospects in this class

• Pie 1