• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby doesn’t want Mayfield

NAS

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Baker Mayfield pulled a Sam Darnold and took to calling out fans for booing instead of owning his struggles as a QB like an adult. That mentality is a big part of why the market for his services has dwindled. In that aspect he is less desirable than even a guy who hasn't played QB in years like Kaepernick.

He hasn't played QB all his career, he never was a good QB and his success was more on his legs and stout Defense that helped him get to the SB than him being a QB. Mayfield and Darnold talking shop and saying something they wish they could do isn't as bad. Also we all know Darnold isn't a QB either. They are just expressing themselves. I saw the interview and not once did I see Mayfield say it wasn't his fault. He recognized his up and down years. That doesn't sound like someone doesn't recognize his struggles. He mentioned the things that led to all those things, things that are all true. he's had x amount of coaches and systems and he still did what he did despite of what happened. I'd take Baker over KAP any day of the week. 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

He hasn't played QB all his career, he never was a good QB and his success was more on his legs and stout Defense that helped him get to the SB than him being a QB. Mayfield and Darnold talking shop and saying something they wish they could do isn't as bad. Also we all know Darnold isn't a QB either. They are just expressing themselves. I saw the interview and not once did I see Mayfield say it wasn't his fault. He recognized his up and down years. That doesn't sound like someone doesn't recognize his struggles. He mentioned the things that led to all those things, things that are all true. he's had x amount of coaches and systems and he still did what he did despite of what happened. I'd take Baker over KAP any day of the week. 

For the record I don't want either. But I especially don't want another manchild who thinks coming off one of his worst seasons is the best time to complain about fans for hurting his feelings. Neither Baker or Sam are leaders. That's all there is to it. We need better.

Edited by frankw

Just now, frankw said:

For the record I don't want either. But I especially don't want another manchild who thinks coming off one of his worst seasons is the best time to complain about fans for hurting his feelings. Neither Baker or Sam are leaders. That's all there is to it. We need better.

Fair enough. This is why I wouldn't want Murray either. Only reason I want Baker is because he has proven he can win and is definitely above Darnold. Personally, rather draft a kid. Unfortunately this regime screwed the pooch on that this year. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, frankw said:
10 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Because they're oppressed by a bunch of "billionaires"...!!

(not to mention many have skill sets that cannot be replicated 😎 hence the thugs keep getting to re-run it)

Out in the open with it tonight I see 🧐

The League is full of them…

…Richie Incognito and Bill Romanowski are two prime examples 👍

CAF01458-6CFC-46D0-B929-548B84530D1F.jpeg

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Fair enough. This is why I wouldn't want Murray either. Only reason I want Baker is because he has proven he can win and is definitely above Darnold. Personally, rather draft a kid. Unfortunately this regime screwed the pooch on that this year. 

Murray and other quarterbacks in their own contract predicaments are due to the owners. The NFL has created a situation with these QB contracts where it is a bubble waiting to burst. Now they are trying to blame the players for the mess they have created. The QB market and the WR market in particular are insane now. I think the draft is the best solution. The cruel irony of it all is if we had either took one last year or just held onto Teddy another year we would still have our 2nd rounder this year and we could take our QB/LT combo in this draft without agonizing over trades.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

Baker Mayfield pulled a Sam Darnold and took to calling out fans for booing instead of owning his struggles as a QB like an adult.

When did Sam ever call out our fans?

36 minutes ago, frankw said:

In that aspect he is less desirable than even a guy who hasn't played QB in years like Kaepernick.

Which of the 2 do you expect to play in the NFL in 2022-2023?

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

Baker Mayfield pulled a Sam Darnold and took to calling out fans for booing instead of owning his struggles as a QB like an adult. That mentality is a big part of why the market for his services has dwindled. In that aspect he is less desirable than even a guy who hasn't played QB in years like Kaepernick.

Darnold always owned his struggles.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The League is full of them…

…Richie Incognito and Bill Romanowski are two prime examples 👍

CAF01458-6CFC-46D0-B929-548B84530D1F.jpeg

I'm not agreeing with all of your previous statements, but that Romanowski and Incognito were thugs of the worst kind. To be honest, I think Dan Morgan during his playing time could be considered one as well. The guy had a penchant for dishing out concussions, including at least one to a rookie teammate that pretty much ended his career.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

10 hours later with the backpedal. I think you need a timeout.

Backpedal?

Romanowski & Incognito are the definition of thugs with repeated instances of bad behaviour both on and off the field, both of whom continue/d to find employment in the NFL because of their respective skill sets. 

You may not like it but those are the facts pal…just the way it is in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

When did Sam ever call out our fans?

12 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Darnold always owned his struggles.

Third overall draft pick 19 million dollar salary this season and can't handle a few boos when he is statistically the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. He sure owned his struggles when he went to pout on the bench by himself after throwing a pick six against the Patriots.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Third overall draft pick 19 million dollar salary this season and can't handle a few boos when he is statistically the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. He sure owned his struggles when he went to pout on the bench by himself after throwing a pick six against the Patriots.

So now you’re defending Jets fans?

🤦‍♂️🤣