• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

That they are suing the billionaire who just declared bankruptcy and will probably never do business with York County or RH again is not surprising.  They are trying to maximize their relief and save face.

York County suing RH is not something I ever saw coming.

Claiming in the lawsuit "Ultimately, the City of Rock Hill failed to issue the required bonds, the development project collapsed"

You can argue with York County over who's fault this is.  Sorry I'm not joining your  Tepper ragefest.

Everyone is trying to save face.  Including Tepper.  

RH being in the lawsuit isn't suprising.  RH/Tepper are the two parties who imploded the deal.  And the deal implosion is what took the County money. 

and again, I expect RH and Tepper to look really bad.  OH NOES!!!! Some said Tepper!  Someone saying he too (with everyone else) is going to look bad simply can't happen on your watch!    

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Everyone is trying to save face.  Including Tepper.  

RH being in the lawsuit isn't suprising.  RH/Tepper are the two parties who imploded the deal.  And the deal implosion is what took the County money. 

and again, I expect RH and Tepper to look really bad.  OH NOES!!!! Some said Tepper! 

It's definitely possible there may be some things in this saga that Tepper would rather not see the light of day.

If it becomes likely that they will, that's where things get really interesting.

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

York County Lawsuit: "Ultimately, the City of Rock Hill failed to issue the required bonds, the development project collapsed"

Serious question.  Do you think Tepper/Panthers have any role on the bonds being issued? Where are talking in general.  Go back and time.  RH needs to issue bonds.  Do you think they need Tepper in any way for that? 

56 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Tepper directly borrowed from the county $21M and then decided not to pay back.  

It’s like you asking your friend for a small loan to pay for the car but later default on car loan anyways and use that as excuse not to pay your friend back any money.

If true...

Are you shooting now and taking names later?

Or letting the process play out in court to see what the true facts are?

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

...I don't think people understand how bonds work.   

Tepper has a role in the bonds coming to fruition too. 

I'm interested in learning about bonds from you, please do tell...

...what is/was Tepper's purported role?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I'm interested in learning about bonds, please do tell...

...what is/was Tepper's purported role?

then you answer this

Serious question.  Do you think Tepper/Panthers have any role in the bonds being issued? Where are talking in general.  Go back and time.  RH needs to issue bonds.  Do you think they need Tepper in any way for that? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

then you answer this

Serious question.  Do you think Tepper/Panthers have any role in the bonds being issued? Where are talking in general.  Go back and time.  RH needs to issue bonds.  Do you think they need Tepper in any way for that? 

Since we're just being redundant and talking past each other.

York County Lawsuit: "Ultimately, the City of Rock Hill failed to issue the required bonds, the development project collapsed"

16 minutes ago, poundaway said:

you keep just reposting the same generic statement. That's redundant. 

I want to talk about the bond aspect.  So again, RH needs to issue bonds.  Do you think they need Tepper in any way to do that?  Seems more like you are running from getting into talking about why BOTH of them are going to look bad in the end.  

I think if you asked 10 huddlers to explain the bonds you get 10 different answers.  RH made some legit accusations on the bonds.  Tepper refused to address it.  Until they do.  It is only reasonble to assume both are at fault to various degrees there IMO. 

35 minutes ago, poundaway said:

That's a statement of ultimate result, not blame.

This however...

The lawsuit alleges that Appaloosa Management, LP, DT Sports Holding, LLC, and Tepper Sports Holding Inc., misappropriated $21 million of public funding on the failed project. The suit states the money was specifically allocated for road expansion related to the project but that "rather than covering the ballooning project budget themselves, the Tepper defendants took money from York County and its taxpayers." 

...is a statement of blame.

Misappropriation of government funds is no joke.

• Pie 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Chargers owner Dean Spanos has been sued by his sister Dea Spanos Berberian for alleged misogynistic behavior and repeated breaches of fiduciary duty.

This was originally brought up in early April, with Dean Spanos at the time releasing a statement with his two other siblings that said: "For the three of us, the Chargers is one of our family’s most important legacies, just as it was for our parents. Unfortunately, our sister Dea seems to have a different and misguided personal agenda." The Chargers owners have frequently had financial issues as compared to most other NFL owners. This lawsuit could be a legitimate threat to unseat Spanos, which would put the future of the Chargers in some question. Berberian is seeking sole control of the Chargers in the lawsuit.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:46 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Hi there, I'm the code enforcement administrator for a mid-size municipality here in NC. Every city and town in the state has a set of local ordinances that regulate everything from grass height to noise ordinances to public nuisances to parking to nuisance vehicles. It's called zoning, planning, code enforcement, etc. 

I'm the guy responsible for ensuring the proper legal notices are issued and nuisance abatement by our contractors is done properly and providing all the information to the accounting folks so they can properly bill the property owner. I have 5 inspectors who each have an assigned area within the city and they issue notices on a daily basis for this kind of crap.

would the zoning for this building be considered Commerical? It is listed as MP-C

Master Planned Commercial (MP‐C): The purpose of the MP‐C district is to provide mixed‐use retail and office  development, with limited moderate and higher‐density residential uses integrated into the development above street levels and as separate stand‐alone uses. Rezonings to MP‐C districts must be at least 10 acres unless City  Council reduces the minimum size during the rezoning process.  

Would that not allow it just to stay where it is, and not have to be torn down? 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a statement of ultimate result, not blame.

This however...

The lawsuit alleges that Appaloosa Management, LP, DT Sports Holding, LLC, and Tepper Sports Holding Inc., misappropriated $21 million of public funding on the failed project. The suit states the money was specifically allocated for road expansion related to the project but that "rather than covering the ballooning project budget themselves, the Tepper defendants took money from York County and its taxpayers." 

...is a statement of blame.

Misappropriation of government funds is no joke.

I expected both the city and county to sue Tepper.

But, the county is also suing the city...

...and you're saying that the county doesn't think there's any blame there?

You're better than that Mr. Scot.  Don't sink to CRA's level.

Just now, poundaway said:

I expected both the city and county to sue Tepper.

But, the county is also suing the city...

...and you're saying that the county doesn't think there's any blame there?

You're better than that Mr. Scot.  Don't sink to CRA's level.

I'm saying the statement you keep quoting doesn't imply blame. It just says what ultimately happened.

You want to take it to mean that they blame Tepper less than they do Rock Hill. That's not true. They blame both.

It is however true that based on what I've seen, they're not implying the city of Rock Hill committed a crime.

Misappropriation of government funds can quite possibly be considered criminal, and that's what they're saying David Tepper's construction company did.

• Pie 1