• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week Of: Draft Buzz, Rumors, & News (w/updates)

davos

For the record, King has the Jaguars taking Travon Walker and the Panthers getting Evan Neal.

On the quarterback front, he predicts Kenny Pickett dropping to the Steelers at #20, Matt Corral going to the Falcons at #32 (trade) and Malik Willis not going in the first round.

Albert Breer's pre-draft comments on the Panthers from the MMQB...

Carolina Panthers

First round: No. 6
Total picks: 6
Needs: Edge rusher, QB, OT, OG, interior DL

What you need to know: I think there’s a way better chance they’ll take a tackle here over a quarterback than most people do—provided that Cross, Ekwonu or Neal is still available when they’re up. In fact, there are teams that are convinced the Panthers won’t take a quarterback. Could they even get trigger-happy and try to trade with, say, the Jets to try to get in front of the Giants to get someone like Cross? Given their lack of numbers in picks, I’d say it’s unlikely, but I wouldn’t totally rule it out. And if the tackles are gone, or even if they aren’t, I do believe the preference here would be to trade down, maybe with a team coming up for a pass rusher. If it is a quarterback? Most have them pegged to take Willis or Pitt’s Kenny Pickett, with a little underlying buzz that Ole Miss’s Matt Corral has support in that building.

53 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Picked a bad year to not have day 2 picks. Might be stuck at 6 with no one wanting to trade. Or we just get fleeced in the trade for only a 3rd or something

More teams wanting to move down than move up means we'll probably not get as much for the trade as in past years. Tepper might have to get over "negative points" or be stuck at #6.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1