• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn & Ekwonu Factoid

davos

I find this kind of interesting...

By taking Ikem Ekwonu at 6, the Panthers have now taken the first overall defensive player in a draft (Pick 8, 2021, Horn), followed by the first overall offensive player in a draft (Pick 6, 2022, Ekwonu) while not even being in the top-5.  

A good indicator we could have a nice foundation in place that feels a bit separate from those twilight Rivera years.  

Between Burns, Chinn, Brown (hoping for a good 22'), YGM, Ekwonu, & Horn, it could be an appealing crew for a new coach come next season.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, davos said:

By taking Ikem Ekwonu at 6, the Panthers have now taken the first overall defensive player in a draft (Pick 8, 2021, Horn), followed by the first overall offensive player in a draft (Pick 6, 2022, Ekwonu) while not even being in the top-5.  

A good indicator we could have a nice foundation in place that feels a bit separate from those twilight Rivera years.  

Between Burns, Chinn, Brown (hoping for a good 22'), YGM, Ekwonu, & Horn, it could be an appealing crew for a new coach come next season.  

I was gonna post this but I was lazy.... Top Drafted D and O players.

2 hours ago, davos said:

Rhule would have to totally bomb to be fired come next season. I believe Tepper when he stated that Rhule has his full support.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Rhule would have to totally bomb to be fired come next season. I believe Tepper when he stated that Rhule has his full support.

I don't.  I think we will have to show some actual improvement.  If we end next year as poorly as we have the last two seasons, zero reason to think that Rhule is actually building anything.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't.  I think we will have to show some actual improvement.  If we end next year as poorly as we have the last two seasons, zero reason to think that Rhule is actually building anything.

"Actual improvement" is a matter of perspective, and Dave Tepper essentially said as much during his presser. 

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

7,8,9 wins ain’t gonna cut it.  

For you, maybe not, but for Tepper it just may be. I don't necessarily think that you can put a number on it. Everyone wants to win and win now, but Tepper seems to have a little more patience and perspective than your average fan. 

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

7,8,9 wins ain’t gonna cut it.  

Lmao, if somehow we did get to this threshold, Tepper has thus far proven to be a coward when it comes to holding Rhule accountable. Obviously small sample size, but Rhule 1000% should have been fired after last year. Since that didn’t happen, it’s anybody’s guess.  Rhule might get his 7 year Jay-Z wish, while we lust after the Jets and Browns relative success