• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Vs Canes Game 2 Wednesday

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Man I hope Raanta can stand in his head again. But than the rook gets the road games and Freddie will hopefully be back by than. 

We don't have to win a road game to take the series, (obviously not ideal) I honestly don't think the Bruins will have more shot attempts then we do again this series IMO that was a side effect of the Hurricanes desire to show the Bruins they won't shy away from physicality and we could beat them playing their style if needed. 

Aho being unself and giving the empty netter to Svech was a show of appreciation from the entire team, I believe the game plan called for Svech to be a bully... That said even Aho got in on it I've seen every game of his career and that was the hardest hit I've ever seen deliver.

• Beer 1

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We don't have to win a road game to take the series, (obviously not ideal) I honestly don't think the Bruins will have more shot attempts then we do again this series IMO that was a side effect of the Hurricanes desire to show the Bruins they won't shy away from physicality and we could beat them playing their style if needed. 

Aho being unself and giving the empty netter to Svech was a show of appreciation from the entire team, I believe the game plan called for Svech to be a bully... That said even Aho got in on it I've seen every game of his career and that was the hardest hit I've ever seen deliver.

I’ll have to disagree with you. I think they’ll be about par for the course of last night. We don’t let a lot through up the middle or in screens when we are on our game but we do let a poo ton through from the sides. I think about 35 over/under is what we are looking at from Boston through this series.

The rest I absolutely agree on which is also a symptom of the above. I hope old boy can hold out cause I thought he was done for after 2 1/2 last night. But if svech can keep that forecheck up, holy fugging witches tits. Aho will find his goals but he is so damn good in the neutral zone I don’t even care. Aho if you just watch him(I told my lady to early when I took her to PNC this spring) he is a master class on hockey and probably the only person better than Fast in the neutral zone on our team. The dude is peak finesse but I digress. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’ll have to disagree with you. I think they’ll be about par for the course of last night. We don’t let a lot through up the middle or in screens when we are on our game but we do let a poo ton through from the sides. I think about 35 over/under is what we are looking at from Boston through this series.

The rest I absolutely agree on which is also a symptom of the above. I hope old boy can hold out cause I thought he was done for after 2 1/2 last night. But if svech can keep that forecheck up, holy fugging witches tits. Aho will find his goals but he is so damn good in the neutral zone I don’t even care. Aho if you just watch him(I told my lady to early when I took her to PNC this spring) he is a master class on hockey and probably the only person better than Fast in the neutral zone on our team. The dude is peak finesse but I digress. 

Aho Is all finesse, he's tough though, Scech is a man on fire I have full belief that he will he's a true power forward. 

I also agree that Raanta was gassed after 2.5, it's a running issue with smaller goalies (especially if they are over 30) to cover as much of the net they have to expend more energy.... His play last night almost leads me to think that his slow starts early in games during the regular season came as a direct result of him conserving energy.... (He almost always started slow with his movement and play improving later in games)

I digress if he can keep it up to steal this in four or five games without needing to rush Freddie would be ideal, (Freddie's injury agaist Colorado was an aggravation to somthing he received right after the break IMO). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Aho Is all finesse, he's tough though, Scech is a man on fire I have full belief that he will he's a true power forward. 

I also agree that Raanta was gassed after 2.5, it's a running issue with smaller goalies (especially if they are over 30) to cover as much of the net they have to expend more energy.... His play last night almost leads me to think that his slow starts early in games during the regular season came as a direct result of him conserving energy.... (He almost always started slow with his movement and play improving later in games)

I digress if he can keep it up to steal this in four or five games without needing to rush Freddie would be ideal, (Freddie's injury agaist Colorado was an aggravation to somthing he received right after the break IMO). 

Ya exactly. I love this rook and he’s gonna be our goalie for years to come but I don’t know if he’s NHL playoff material yet. If Raanta can get us through this one and if Freddie can make a return to early season performance I’ll be happy, and you know what. If we have to go to the rook I don’t think he’ll disappoint either but I don’t want the front 5 to have to work that much harder at this point. You could see they we’re just finding their playoff legs last night. It’s gonna be a long road to go, through some very tough oppentents. 

Edited by Harbingers

22 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya exactly. I love this rook and he’s gonna be our goalie for years to come but I don’t know if he’s NHL playoff material yet. If Raanta can get us through this one and if Freddie can make a return to early season performance I’ll be happy, and you know what. If we have to go to the rook I don’t think he’ll disappoint either but I don’t want the front 5 to have to work that much harder at this point. You could see they we’re just finding their playoff legs last night. It’s gonna be a long road to go, through some very tough oppentents. 

Kochetkov is a future star IMO he's freakishly talented, When he learns a bit more English and effectively communicate.... The language barrier is probably his biggest flaw atm you could see he didn't know what to expect from his teammates in regards to their positioning and play style.... I'd wager on him long term being a top five goalie right now that barrier would give me pause.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Kochetkov is a future star IMO he's freakishly talented, When he learns a bit more English and effectively communicate.... The language barrier is probably his biggest flaw atm you could see he didn't know what to expect from his teammates in regards to their positioning and play style.... I'd wager on him long term being a top five goalie right now that barrier would give me pause.

He is gonna go far.