• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sleeper tight end....

Lurk21

From these highlights it seems the Kid has Great Size. You can see him catch the ball with his hands and win a few that were contested. The highlights didn't show a lot of precise route running (he just seemed to leak out into open space and no one picked up coverage). But if they're gonna give it-take it.

Thanks for sharing the highlights. I hope he turns out to be a Diamond.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

From these highlights it seems the Kid has Great Size. You can see him catch the ball with his hands and win a few that were contested. The highlights didn't show a lot of precise route running (he just seemed to leak out into open space and no one picked up coverage). But if they're gonna give it-take it.

Thanks for sharing the highlights. I hope he turns out to be a Diamond.

No doubt the skill and talent is there. He will more than likely get to get reps with Corrall in otas and etc, so I think he may get some looks.  No problem bro!!!

1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I am hopeful for all UDFA but unfortunately odds are not in their favor. He looks like he has talent and hope he can make the cut.

Yeah I know it is definitely tough (as udfa) but like I just posted,  the dynamics of Corrall more than likely starting off with reps with him... bodes well for him to get some looks early in otas and etc.  Like you, I hope he gets a true shot. 

Teams just did not seem to care about covering this guy lol I've never seen someone that wide open that many times.

But dudes like this are exactly why I'm always excited for preseason (at least until I inevitably get bored one half into the first game).  Is he likely to blow it up or even make the team?  Nah, but there are intriguing traits that you're excited to see potentially translate onto the field.

• Beer 3

Went back and watched the tape to see how he got so open on those plays. Honestly, he's got one simple move -a lurch to the inside and a smooth arc back up and out. Defenders bit on that again and again. Not sure if linebackers in the NFL will bite on it, but he just has that one move down pat.

On the contested throws, he seems to use his size well and has some good hands. Maybe this kid can make some noise at training camp. Good luck to him. He has that Greg Olsen type of speed, really sneaky how he can just glide into the open seams of the defense.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Teams just did not seem to care about covering this guy lol I've never seen someone that wide open that many times.

But dudes like this are exactly why I'm always excited for preseason (at least until I inevitably get bored one half into the first game).  Is he likely to blow it up or even make the team?  Nah, but there are intriguing traits that you're excited to see potentially translate onto the field.

Yep, it's just interesting  to see if anything pops. Myles Hartfield came out of nowhere and a few other udfa have. I'd be intersed to see if these guys are someone that Scott and Dan liked more. 

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Went back and watched the tape to see how he got so open on those plays. Honestly, he's got one simple move -a lurch to the inside and a smooth arc back up and out. Defenders bit on that again and again. Not sure if linebackers in the NFL will bite on it, but he just has that one move down pat.

On the contested throws, he seems to use his size well and has some good hands. Maybe this kid can make some noise at training camp. Good luck to him. He has that Greg Olsen type of speed, really sneaky how he can just glide into the open seams of the defense.

Yeah, it seems he was sneaking out and was used mostly as a run blocker. They schemed that up and took advantage of that.  Tight end is always a tricky position  to see if it will stick because  often tight ends in college that turn good in pros, have limited reps catching in college. 

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We have to base things purely on the play on the field. And in that case, Ian has put his face in the slapping place. 

Dude there is no way the Panthers and Coach Ruhle would have resigned him to that nice contract if he sucked 

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow this thread is a slap in the face of Ian Thomas. 

It's been 4 plus years and the guy has shown very limited anything in the passing game. We drafted  Tommy  bc im sure they would like to see someone bc a complete tight end.  If Ian surprisingly ( yes surprisingly) does well, it's a win win. 

• Beer 1