• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk me down

Snake

I'm getting kind of tired of the Canes doing the same god damn things come playoff time. Undisciplined. Absolute sh!t PP. It's very disappointing coming from a Rod Brind'amour led team. If those things continue, I have serious concerns about him as a playoff coach. You just can't keep having the same mistakes time and time again.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I'm getting kind of tired of the Canes doing the same god damn things come playoff time. Undisciplined. Absolute sh!t PP. It's very disappointing coming from a Rod Brind'amour led team. If those things continue, I have serious concerns about him as a playoff coach. You just can't keep having the same mistakes time and time again.

Relax a little bit man! You probably weren’t saying this five days ago. There are two and two and the east is talented one through eight. We have a home game tonight and Rod will have this team ready to play. Don’t be giving up on us. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Home ice matters in this series. We had them on the ropes yesterday and were beating them up and down the ice then …we imploded. They didn’t beat us. We beat us. Our 5-5 has been better than there’s.  The are missing 2 big Defensive players. They will where down and almost did yesterday before a bad challenge by Rod and dumb penalty after penalty. They played that whole game down a man it felt like.  

For us to close…stay out of the penalty box. Get the power play going and win at home. 

Trust me…we are good this series. A little tighter than I would have liked but we WILL close this one out.   

Always appreciate the dose positivity. Because I am a negative Nancy and these last two game have been demoralizing. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Relax a little bit man! You probably weren’t saying this five days ago. There are two and two and the east is talented one through eight. We have a home game tonight and Rod will have this team ready to play. Don’t be giving up on us. 

Yeah, but the fact that the same problems keep showing up these past 4 years is definitely concerning. 
I love Rod but if we do lose this series I will definitely be thinking about his ability to coach playoff hockey. 
1 or 2 more seasons of this, if we lose, and there is a chance his seat will get hot. 

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah, but the fact that the same problems keep showing up these past 4 years is definitely concerning. 
I love Rod but if we do lose this series I will definitely be thinking about his ability to coach playoff hockey. 
1 or 2 more seasons of this, if we lose, and there is a chance his seat will get hot. 

After 10 straight years of missing the playoffs and 4 years of making the playoffs there’s not a chance his seats gets hot.  

43 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

After 10 straight years of missing the playoffs and 4 years of making the playoffs there’s not a chance his seats gets hot.  

So you are content with us making the playoffs even if we never make the Stanley Cup? I love this success but eventually something has to give  

Playoffs is like a new season. Rod is a great season coach, but I have occasionally been less then impressed with playoff Rod. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

So you are content with us making the playoffs even if we never make the Stanley Cup? I love this success but eventually something has to give  

Playoffs is like a new season. Rod is a great season coach, but I have occasionally been less then impressed with playoff Rod. 

We WILL win a cup with Rod. Gotta have the faith. 

30 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We WILL win a cup with Rod. Gotta have the faith. 

Eh, I prefer to say I hope we win a cup with Rod. 
Saying we will is just asking for trouble. It is like a QB saying “We will be back” after losing the Super Bowl. 
No way to know and the chances are slim. It is hard to get to the top. Most never do. 

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

The goal isn't just to make the playoffs. Constantly losing in the playoffs the exact same way is unacceptable no matter what. It's one thing to lose when we're doing what we are supposed to, but losing the same way over and over is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

The goal isn't just to make the playoffs. Constantly losing in the playoffs the exact same way is unacceptable no matter what. It's one thing to lose when we're doing what we are supposed to, but losing the same way over and over is unacceptable. 

Well last year we ran into Vassy who was unstoppable and Tampa went on to win the cup.  Year before was Covid so I put no stock in that. Year before in 2019 we made it to the ECF. That was pretty awesome. It doesn’t happen overnight. Year 4, yes we should go deep and make noise which I still think we will. You have to look at the big picture versus getting upset 4 years and STILL being 2-2 in the first round so far. Slow down take a breath and realize we’re still good.   Really really despise the idea of remotely bringing up “hot seat” when we are still playing in the playoffs  

Canes 6-3 tonight. 

image.jpeg.85072f8b0c91ba9cd1343ed036dce9b4.jpeg