• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign big time TE

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Moved out of a developmental 20 years ago and will never go back to that ever again.  

Im moving within 2 years, My first rule was no HOA. Horror stories scared me to death. Seen one deal were the "enforcer" showed up to guys home cause the grilling smell was bugging the neighbors....

WV to FL is my choices thus far. NC is priced me out and its a compete joke what bank interest is getting I like they quoted .001% even if i had 99 million. Im buying land instead.  Early winners are VA and TN. Looking for bang for buck

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Im moving within 2 years, My first rule was no HOA. Horror stories scared me to death. Seen one deal were the "enforcer" showed up to guys home cause the grilling smell was bugging the neighbors....

WV to FL is my choices thus far. NC is priced me out and its a compete joke what bank interest is getting I like they quoted .001% even if i had 99 million. Im buying land instead.  Early winners are VA and TN. Looking for bang for buck

I'm sitting comfortably in a dead end Cove on the mountain in a quiet community with no restrictions.  I have neighbors who lookout for each other but mind their own business.  It's the only way to live.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm sitting comfortably in a dead end Cove on the mountain in a quiet community with no restrictions.  I have neighbors who lookout for each other but mind their own business.  It's the only way to live.

Im thinking of buying 2-3 places, one in the mountains for sure If I go that route. The older I got, the more I enjoyed the mountains >> beach. 

Dream is bubble pops, Nice home base in good area air/water/people. Little mountain spot and either a place on sound/lake. RV is in play too. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im thinking of buying 2-3 places, one in the mountains for sure If I go that route. The older I got, the more I enjoyed the mountains >> beach. 

Dream is bubble pops, Nice home base in good area air/water/people. Little mountain spot and either a place on sound/lake. RV is in play too. 

I have contemplated selling out when I retire.  But I could never find the views I have from my back porch at sunrise or my front porch at sunset.  People pay good money for that alone. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I have contemplated selling out when I retire.  But I could never find the views I have from my back porch at sunrise or my front porch at sunset.  People pay good money for that alone. 

One day you will have to post a pic of that. Ive retired before and got offered too much to say no. I got to do a little traveling before i go blind or lose my hearing... Funny deal is a retirement firm is buying the land, but again triangle prices have gone crazy, so staying local is out of the question. I dont have much to worry with missing much, no roots. 

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

One day you will have to post a pic of that. Ive retired before and got offered too much to say no. I got to do a little traveling before i go blind or lose my hearing... Funny deal is a retirement firm is buying the land, but again triangle prices have gone crazy, so staying local is out of the question. I dont have much to worry with missing much, no roots. 

My goal is to travel for a while before spending the fall and winter here at home.  Spring and summer is open depending on my mood. 

This is my first attempt at retiring and like you I'm already getting consultants feeling me up.

2 hours ago, Floppin said:

I live three doors down from my HOA president. I hate them so fuging much. 

That's the reason I specifically bought in an older neighborhood to avoid HOA's.   They are such BS.  Nobody is going to let their grass grow knee high and put an old car on cinder blocks in the front yard in this day and time.  I live in an extremely large older neighborhood now and maybe one or two homes need to be reminded...subtly... that they need to keep their yards up better.   Yet, compared to my old neighborhood which was MUCH, M-U-C-H smaller, I get to keep $700 dollars a year in HOA fees, plus without all the hassle.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's the reason I specifically bought in an older neighborhood to avoid HOA's.   They are such BS.  Nobody is going to let their grass grow knee high and put an old car on cinder blocks in the front yard in this day and time.  I live in an extremely large older neighborhood now and maybe one or two homes need to be reminded...subtly... that they need to keep their yards up better.   Yet, compared to my old neighborhood which was MUCH, M-U-C-H smaller, I get to keep $700 dollars a year in HOA fees, plus without all the hassle.

I left a 5 gallon bucket of paint in front of my garage door over the weekend a few weeks back. I had taken it out of my truck on Friday and took it back to work with me on Monday. When I got home Monday afternoon I had a letter from the HOA with a picture of the paint bucket with an "Immediately remove miscellaneous items from view or pay fines" letter. 

• Beer 1