• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still need more RB depth

CRA

On 5/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, Raleigh PF said:

I would hope Hubbard spent the offseason improving his catching and blocking abilities, but only if he's serious about his career. So many guys are one dimensional which is why they float around the league for a few seasons before disappearing. 

The problem was how epic bad he was.  Even if he cuts his drops in half, he's still BAD.  He had trouble catching short little passes, his average pass was .6 yards.  He's a liability on passing downs and I will not shed a tear if I don't see him play a down this year. 

18 hours ago, Basbear said:

people this is the off-season dead times, depth RB for a topic is fine.....OR you can whine in the 847th threads about tepper/rhule.

I'm sorry, this is a goofy damm thread. We are a very young team. OF COURSE WE HAVE DEPTH ISSUES. 

But hey. It's not as much fun when critical thinking is involved.

27 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm sorry, this is a goofy damm thread. We are a very young team. OF COURSE WE HAVE DEPTH ISSUES. 

Maybe you could supply a list of what we can and can’t talk about.

so we shouldn’t talk about the roster and how we could improve in areas.  Like this thread. 

can’t talk about our bad coaches and owner. 

what else? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Maybe you could supply a list of what we can and can’t talk about.

so we shouldn’t talk about the roster and how we could improve in areas.  Like this thread. 

can’t talk about our bad coaches and owner. 

what else? 

Hey, I'm just being real. We are a very young team. That is the truth. Very young teams have depth issues. That is also the truth.

I'm sorry if my observation does not meet with your approval.

If you guys don't think RB depth is important, think back to the 2005 NFCC game verses Seattle. Because of injuries Nick Goings was our starting RB. Nick Goings. His backup was rookie Jamal Robertson who had yet to play in any game outside of preseason. We were slaughtered 34-14.

RUSHING           ATT YDS LG AVG TD

J.Delhomme          3    15  5.0    6      0

N.Goings                5     2   0.4    2     0

J.Robertson            1     0   0.0    0    0

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/28856/SEA_Gamebook.pdf

47 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

If you guys don't think RB depth is important, think back to the 2005 NFCC game verses Seattle. Because of injuries Nick Goings was our starting RB. Nick Goings. His backup was rookie Jamal Robertson who had yet to play in any game outside of preseason. We were slaughtered 34-14.

RUSHING           ATT YDS LG AVG TD

J.Delhomme          3    15  5.0    6      0

N.Goings                5     2   0.4    2     0

J.Robertson            1     0   0.0    0    0

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/28856/SEA_Gamebook.pdf

and Chuba can’t catch well.  

Foreman has 18 career catches over 4 years  

that’s not insurance for if CMC goes down.   All it takes is one player getting hurt (CMC) and we are in a bad spot.  And his history makes that an important issue. 

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

It would be real goofy if CMC had not missed most of the last 2 years and brought up in a non-dead zone.

Foreman filled nicely for the king. I watched the playoff game and he was the better RB than henry (whom just came back). Hubbard got some run and he was coming off a college injury. 

Two PS looking RBs have the NFL RBs look. One should make the PS and if the injuries hit, I think either could give 10 snaps. Bradwell has been on a NFL team setting for 2 years. Brown is the all-time leader at UAB in rushing yards, tds, and 100 yard games. Panthers kept him all season on the PS and thought enough to bring him back. 

Again RB is one of the better spots to dumpster drive. Not in my top ten "worries" , but nothing wrong with some panther talk among fellow fans!

Edited by Basbear