• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Summer League Roster

Daddy_Uncle

18 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

What? Duren was all summer league per Stein and looked 1000xs better in college. You definitely never saw him at Memphis. Its not about stats if you truly watched him you would see the difference in strength, ball skills, athleticism, and potential. Please stop comparing the two. Again compare him to Nick Richards who he cant start over. I cant believe I even have to put Duren and Williams in the same sentence. I guess we have different definitions of good.

You are comparing them because people are bringing up legit reasons why you are off base and you have no rebuttal. Just typing all emotional and yelling at the screen. It is going to be okay. I obviously watched Duren in a far weaker conference playing far weaker competition get lost in pick and rolls, abused in the post, and struggle with defending big men who could shoot. Then we he played serious competition from a team that had people as tall as him(Gonzaga) and he couldn't even stay on the floor with four of the dumbest fouls ever. I get it, the kid looks good in a uniform, but at this point it is starting to be a question about your basketball knowledge. Stop talking about Summer League like it was the playoffs! And you obviously didn't watch Summer League because Mark Williams started over Nick Richards in the Chicago and Cleveland games. 

And again, I was you. I was angry about the trade more so because teams can win without playing small ball i.e. the Milwaukee Bucks. I was thinking two big men in the east especially growing up together would be cool and how dominant they could be together defensively. Then I started thinking about having five or so other players between 6'9" and 6'11" on the team. You are immediately telling Kai Jones, Richards, PJ. Washington, and JT Thor thanks but no thanks with very little evaluation. This was the move they made and it is going to take some years before you are fully vindicated. Summer league is not the NBA Finals.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

You are comparing them because people are bringing up legit reasons why you are off base and you have no rebuttal. Just typing all emotional and yelling at the screen. It is going to be okay. I obviously watched Duren in a far weaker conference playing far weaker competition get lost in pick and rolls, abused in the post, and struggle with defending big men who could shoot. Then we he played serious competition from a team that had people as tall as him(Gonzaga) and he couldn't even stay on the floor with four of the dumbest fouls ever. I get it, the kid looks good in a uniform, but at this point it is starting to be a question about your basketball knowledge. Stop talking about Summer League like it was the playoffs! And you obviously didn't watch Summer League because Mark Williams started over Nick Richards in the Chicago and Cleveland games. 

And again, I was you. I was angry about the trade more so because teams can win without playing small ball i.e. the Milwaukee Bucks. I was thinking two big men in the east especially growing up together would be cool and how dominant they could be together defensively. Then I started thinking about having five or so other players between 6'9" and 6'11" on the team. You are immediately telling Kai Jones, Richards, PJ. Washington, and JT Thor thanks but no thanks with very little evaluation. This was the move they made and it is going to take some years before you are fully vindicated. Summer league is not the NBA Finals.

Nick Richards was out, you didn't watch Duren b/c he dominated his conference and destroyed Houston who was just as good as your Dookies. Duren is better at every aspect including defense. Do you not see how slow and uncoordinated Williams is??? How is he going to guard a guard in a pick n roll. The game has moved away from players like him. Duren is 10xs the athlete and bet you didn't see him dominate Williams in high school being nearly 3 years younger.

6 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Also- not just Duren look at Eason and everyone else picked around there. I guess you are taking Williams over all of them. I admire your Duke blind fandom, but this is the NBA. Your guy Poalo can play I will give you that, but not Williams. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Nick Richards was out, you didn't watch Duren b/c he dominated his conference and destroyed Houston who was just as good as your Dookies. Duren is better at every aspect including defense. Do you not see how slow and uncoordinated Williams is??? How is he going to guard a guard in a pick n roll. The game has moved away from players like him. Duren is 10xs the athlete and bet you didn't see him dominate Williams in high school being nearly 3 years younger.

Did you watch Williams in any of the summer league games? You constantly reference high school, college etc.

3 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Also- not just Duren look at Eason and everyone else picked around there. I guess you are taking Williams over all of them. I admire your Duke blind fandom, but this is the NBA. Your guy Poalo can play I will give you that, but not Williams. Sorry. 

I mean you get don’t points for that…one guy went #1 the other #15.  You really have no idea what Mark Williams will do,  or Duren or Eason.  Stop trolling 

Edited by Shocker

17 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

This is how I know you know nothing about sports and just another fanatic. 10 times the athlete, but couldn't do anything but muster 4 fouls and 7 points against an actual good team like Gonzaga. Oh and the vaunted Houston squad who couldn't even muster 50 points against Villanova who was blown out in the final four. Yeah, they were as good as Duke. Tell me you know nothing about basketball without telling me you know nothing about basketball. They sat Nick Richards to start Williams genius! You keep harping on how slow and unathletic Williams is, but he played better against the same competition(Gonzaga) earlier in the season. You get hit with stats and you say they don't matter. You get hit with reason and logic. That don't matter either. You are officially trolling. 

And, you can eat a bag of dicks for thinking I'm a Duke fan. My family is legacy Tarheels, we're just not non athlete fanatic punks who can't be objective when describing basketball, because we actually know basketball. An earlier post said UNC fans like you give UNC fans a bad rap because one you can't recognize anything positive about a Duke player your pro team drafted and two you're trying to drag the greatest Tar Heel in pro history through the mud claiming things you know nothing about. Herp derp "Jordan only doing this for the money". Glad you gave up your season tickets, so others can scoop them and actually be real fans not just some punk with money in his pocket who knows very little about ball taking up the seats. 

• Pie 3

On 7/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, Shocker said:

I mean you get don’t points for that…one guy went #1 the other #15.  You really have no idea what Mark Williams will do,  or Duren or Eason.  Stop trolling 

Okay, we will see who is right. Lets make a bet, if Williams is better than Eason and or Duren I delete my account if he is not you delete yours. Down?

On 7/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, NorthTryon said:

This is how I know you know nothing about sports and just another fanatic. 10 times the athlete, but couldn't do anything but muster 4 fouls and 7 points against an actual good team like Gonzaga. Oh and the vaunted Houston squad who couldn't even muster 50 points against Villanova who was blown out in the final four. Yeah, they were as good as Duke. Tell me you know nothing about basketball without telling me you know nothing about basketball. They sat Nick Richards to start Williams genius! You keep harping on how slow and unathletic Williams is, but he played better against the same competition(Gonzaga) earlier in the season. You get hit with stats and you say they don't matter. You get hit with reason and logic. That don't matter either. You are officially trolling. 

And, you can eat a bag of dicks for thinking I'm a Duke fan. My family is legacy Tarheels, we're just not non athlete fanatic punks who can't be objective when describing basketball, because we actually know basketball. An earlier post said UNC fans like you give UNC fans a bad rap because one you can't recognize anything positive about a Duke player your pro team drafted and two you're trying to drag the greatest Tar Heel in pro history through the mud claiming things you know nothing about. Herp derp "Jordan only doing this for the money". Glad you gave up your season tickets, so others can scoop them and actually be real fans not just some punk with money in his pocket who knows very little about ball taking up the seats. 

I went to UNC buddy. You are 100% a Duke fan. I see right through your crap. Ill make the same bet with you buddy..  We will see who is right. Lets make a bet, if Williams is better than Eason and or Duren I delete my account if he is not you delete yours. Down?

6 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I went to UNC buddy. You are 100% a Duke fan. I see right through your crap. Ill make the same bet with you buddy..  We will see who is right. Lets make a bet, if Williams is better than Eason and or Duren I delete my account if he is not you delete yours. Down?

Also, I started for my high school team South Meck grad of 2015.... You have never played. So I actually went to UNC, started bball in high school and you can look at any of my Panthers/Hornets draft history in here. Tell me when Ive been wrong? Mark Williams is not good sorry. And when have the Hornets ever made a good draft pick? Had Wiseman been available he was the pick not Ball. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

"fans" like you keep allowing and wanting mediocrity. I am trying to teach your type about sports. Like I said bet me. Yes, Jordan was the best player ever, but worst owner ever too. And don't act like you're a UNC fan.... Only Duke fans liked the Williams pick and not the smart Duke fans I know. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

On 7/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, Shocker said:

Maybe, I can evaluate talent...... Ive seen all 3 play and 1 of those is not in the same class as the others.

Duren was the only good player on that team and was doubled all game. Williams was strictly a lob threat 6th option on a much more talented team than any other team in college on paper.... Do you understand that....??? I cant believe you said I don't know basketball lol. I moved to scouting/evaluating the NFL Draft b/c bball is too easy and obvious to predict. Could give you my top 10 positional players at every position including kicker and no its not copying PFF or the internet. Im a huge NBA/NFL Draft nerd/junkie. LOL Dookie.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Maybe, I can evaluate talent...... Ive seen all 3 play and 1 of those is not in the same class as the others.

Fair enough and I respect your opinion but personally feel it’s a little early.  Williams is just a different skill set than those guys and we needed a rim protector.  Jury is out if he will become something special or just a role player.

If he becomes a defensive big that is still useful 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1