• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaguars fan looking for a new home!

Jaxolina

Hey everyone. Long suffering Jaguars fan here getting ready to move to Boone, NC and looking to adopt a new NFL team.  I don't know much about your roster but hoping this board will get me up to speed. As a 15 year Jags fan, I can promise you I can tolerate the worst of seasons and still be upbeat just to do it all over again next year. I'm totally comfortable going to games with a paper bag on my head, wearing a clown suite and screaming out the name of a county know one knows. These skills don't exactly transfer to your fan base but I'm sure you can find a spot for me somewhere 😃

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

If you are looking for the familiarity of disappointment and mediocrity you have come to the right place. 

I really respect your decision not to bandwagon on a front runner. 

From a roster perspective there are many positives as we have a young albeit undersized defense that will likely have problems with the run. Behind the front 7 we are actively trying to sign every CB that has ever played in the NFL.   On the other side of the ball we have a generational talent at RB but he seems to be very injury prone since he started dating a super model.  We also have a young up and coming receiver in DJ Moore who quietly does his job and is at the top of his game.  In contrast, at receiver 2 we have a seasoned vet in Robbie Anderson who doesn't do his job very well but is not so quiet and is often posting nonsensical musings on the twitter  We also have a room full of QBs that has one unproven rookie and 3 others we rescued from the land of misfit toys.

Welcome aboard.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...

You'd have gotten way more responses in the main thread, but welcome. Panthers fans have kinda been in the same boat as Jags fans. Who will be the first off the roller coaster of mediocre play at best, who knows? It's kind of ironic that you'd consider adopting Carolina as a Jags fan, as both were added to the league at the same time. The level of winning has been a disappointment for both franchise, I'd say. We've been in it for the long haul though.

• 2 weeks later...

@JaxolinaWelcome aboard. Even though the Jags were supposed to be a "rival" because we came into the league at the same time, I kind of rooted for you guys to beat most other teams. I thought the teams in the late 90s with Brunell, Jimmy Smith, and Keenan McCardell were fun to watch. 

I'd be curious to get your take on Trevor Lawrence

Edited by X-Clown

Hey man welcome here!

We have some pretty regular heavy posters that like to crap all over this team but I suppose thats pretty standard. 

This team is close to being good again. Rhule was hired to rebuild the team and has done so 2x in college. He usually was able to do that in 3 years and this is year 3. His 1st year here, he famously drafted only defensive players and last year we looked really good at times.

We are a team that be built to win with speed and with a lead. Our secondary has really good young talent and we have good speed rushers on the line. I would say the weak point of our defence is stopping the run.

Our offence has really good skill positions. DJ Moore is one of the best WR in the league and has racked up several impressive seasons with horrendous QB play. Robbie Anderson is our deep threat and we have a bunch of good young prospects to round that group out. Our TE room is a mystery. We gave a big TE contract to a TE that most of us here this is a replaceable tallent. But Tommy Tremble that we drafted last year was comp'ed to Kittle coming out of college, so he has a big following on this board. 

Our team success, as most teams will come down to offence line play (which we have improved) and QB play. 

Rhule and Co. have been trying to rebuild this team to the point they can just plunk in a QB. They have taken swings at 1st round picks that didnt pan out (Bridgewater, Darnold and now Baker) if one of them hits we are in a REALLY good spot. If they dont, then we draft a QB next year. 

The team is good, we have good leadership and some of the best individual skill positions in the league.. .we just need a oline that can block and a QB that can distribute the ball. 

We are close!

• 2 weeks later...