• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield has a lot to prove, period!

top dawg

22 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Beuerlein wasn’t that bad either from what I remember…

I fmy memoery serves me well,Beuerlein led the league in passing (well over 4 k) , QBR and was 2nd in the league in TD passes (to Kurt Warner League MVP) with 34 or so in 1999 or 2000. He made the Pro Bowl that year. 

I'd love to see Baker (or any Panther QB) throw for 4K+ yards and 35 TDS this year.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 2

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

yea...thought thats what you meant...but may have overlooked your stance on Mayfield...what do you think about him?

I wasn't a huge fan of trading for him, but as someone else pointed out we basically got him for a bag of peanuts.

He's here now and I'm gonna support him and hope for the best.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wasn't a huge fan of trading for him, but as someone else pointed out we basically got him for a bag of peanuts.

He's here now and I'm gonna support him and hope for the best.

...I was hoping for one of your elongated explanations ...but I'll go for that...

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

...I was hoping for one of your elongated explanations ...but I'll go for that...

That's as elongated as I've got for the moment. 

(insert "that's what she said" comment here)

I'm sure I'll have more to say about it later, though.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's as elongated as I've got for the moment. 

(insert "that's what she said" comment here)

I'm sure I'll have more to say about it later, though.

bogus comment for 85.5 rep... but want to hear your mayfield thoughts. when ur ready...

It is obviously early but so far folks who watched the press conference expecting Baker to trash Cleveland were disappointed. Baker said all the right things. Will it continue?? Let's see.  But going to a franchise where in your rookie year you produce more wins than in the past 3 years tends to give you a big head. I think that popped when he got ceremoniously cast aside for Watson.  I also think much of the bad teammate rhetoric which is being hammered by a few folks is actually countered by his teammates in college and the pros. Right now he is the expected starter unless Darnold can unseat him. He is in a contract year looking for his next contract. I expect him to be on his best behavior and be an excellent teammate. He has 10s of millions of reasons to do just that.

Edited by panthers55