• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral

razorwolf

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

The amount of Money on the table for a successful QB is enormously higher than the peanuts they are squabbling over now.  It makes NO SENSE to miss one minute of camp because the odds are already against the player.

4 hours ago, Smithers said:

I’m not worried about it - but Matt should be.  If he isn’t in Spartanburg by the start of camp, PJ will be taking all of all of his reps.  Matt cannot afford to lose reps

Agree. I don't blame them for negotiating but really don't see this disrupting his training camp.  The agent is supposed to negotiate the best deal and that is likely what he is trying to accomplish.  But, when push comes to shove, the best deal will be for him to sign the contract and get to camp. I suspect this will be over tomorrow and he will be reporting to camp on Tuesday regardless of whether the offset language/guaranteed mony is updated or not.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

QB is the most sought after position now. Corral Ridder and Willis and their respective agents all know they play for teams where the starting QB position is either unsettled or shaky. I don't blame them one bit for getting all the guaranteed money they can.

• Beer 1

I'm not seeing anything special about Ridders contract compared to the guys drafted near him. Guess the holdout either didn't work or they just agreed on some behind the scenes payment schedule of the signing bonus. Worst case scenario Corral would hold out and enter the draft again next year which would probably result in getting picked even lower. Really doubt that sine he's been at all the camps and the player organized thing

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm not seeing anything special about Ridders contract compared to the guys drafted near him. Guess the holdout either didn't work or they just agreed on some behind the scenes payment schedule of the signing bonus. Worst case scenario Corral would hold out and enter the draft again next year which would probably result in getting picked even lower. Really doubt that sine he's been at all the camps and the player organized thing

About month ago, i seen where the texans screwed up and gave their 3rd a extra 25k guaranteed(or part of the non-guaranteed). It set off a 3rd round issue league wide, cause all wanted the same deal.  

• Beer 1