• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

You can't practice properly until you know what to do first. For example you can't audible if you don't know what the defense is doing and what you should do in every situation. So you watch the starters do it and learn by example. Once you have mastered that and watched then you get to do it on your own.  That is why his reps are mostly mental reps. Each week he should get more reps forst mental and then physical and when he runs the practice squad he will get more.  

Again, not one other team is handling their rookie qb the way we are but yeah man you seem to think rhule has this in spades.  

7 minutes ago, Manna said:

Not surprised. He's not interested in developing anyone. He just wants to try to do enough to not get fired.

I may be giving him too much credit when I say this, but maybe he's purposely limiting Corral so that if/when Mayfield/Darnold sucks this year he can use the QB position as another excuse for having another losing season. 

I think you are right. Rhules butt is on fire so his whole purpose for good or bad is to win now as far as QBs go.

Just now, Pakmeng said:

Literally has a definition and you aren't using it correctly. That's simply not true. I saw him getting reps with my own eyes 

Only a few homers expected Corral to become a superstar in his first real action. Rhule has accomplished nothing at this level to get the benefit of the doubt that he knows how to develop a rookie QB in the NFL. You are just doing what you always do making excuses for the decision makers and being a contrarian but everyone else sees it.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Corral isn't playing anytime soon. He's got all year to get reps. 

I understand everyone wants to see an instant superstar but not happening.

I think it goes beyond that.

I think most would like to see some semblance of a plan from top to bottom. The only team that I can think of that is in a similar situation to us and handling the situation similar is the Steelers.

However, the Steelers have a proven winner as their HC and thus get the benefit of the doubt when they resort to unconventional methods.

And I’ll go a step further and say that it’s not just about Corral, it’s about the way the QB1 competition is being handled as well as this random OL competition.

1 minute ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Maybe, just maybe, Rhule & staff believes that from what they've seen from Corral, he isnt ready for more reps just yet. So they gave him limited live game play that wouldn't break his confidence but gain experience during his development...

Doesn't fit with the Ida that Corral is the best QB on the team and that some more reps will fix everything.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I think it goes beyond that.

I think most would like to see some semblance of a plan from top to bottom. The only team that I can think of that is in a similar situation to us and handling the situation similar is the Steelers.

However, the Steelers have a proven winner as their HC and thus get the benefit of the doubt when they resort to unconventional methods.

And I’ll go a step further and say that it’s not just about Corral, it’s about the way the QB1 competition is being handled as well as this random OL competition.

by all accounts Pickett has had a horrible training camp but alas that coaching staff worked with him and we saw it pay dividends during his game