• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

When did any of this happen?? I didn't like any of these moves from the get go..

I took a wait and see on each player and have threads of me Trashing them when it was proven on the field...

2 scenario..

1. Baker is good saves Rhule's job gets either Franchise tag or a 3 years contract  (like teddy) and MC gets next year and the year after to develop as his backup..

2. MC is still under contract for 3 more years.. Fitt is still here and hires the new coach.. New coach gets his QB but MC is still here due to his elite arm talent and physical abilities.. And works his way into a back up role like Matt Schaub did in ATL..

I think we can ALL agree that we didn't get to see enough reps from Matt Corral to make ANY determination other than the ones you pointed out.

My problem is this, if Matt Corral was a projected third rounder I see how someone could say poo him, he needs time, etc, BUT in reality a lot of teams had him as QB1 of this draft including McAdoo and the Panthers.

Why wasn't THAT guy second team based on those FACTS? Why wasn't he protected? Why didn't HE get more than a couple full speed reps while others got the lions share?

Head coach needs to be fired immediately, especially because you didn't value, and mismanaged my rookie QB who we've invested in, while these other guys in reality DO NOT have a contract for 2023.

The HC is totally backwards his arenda, which nobody understands can't succeed no matter who else's failed QB you plug in next. Success is home grown. Look at Cam.

It’s baffling to me how people downplay the benefits of reps.

It’s such an ignorant take. 

These same people probably expected Cam to instantly be in sync with his teammates coming in off the street. 

A QB needs reps for timing, for familiarity, for realizing raw data (playbook) into experience. 

MC had 3 other QB’s taking reps. He undoubtedly looks better if there were 3 QB’s in camp, or just him and Darnold/Baker. 

The kid has undeniable talent if you simply watch game tape in the SEC. Just chill and let him learn a bit before shitting on him. 

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I think we can ALL agree that we didn't get to see enough reps from Matt Corral to make ANY determination other than the ones you pointed out.

My problem is this, if Matt Corral was a projected third rounder I see how someone could say poo him, he needs time, etc, BUT in reality a lot of teams had him as QB1 of this draft including McAdoo and the Panthers.

Why wasn't THAT guy second team based on those FACTS? Why wasn't he protected? Why didn't HE get more than a couple full speed reps while others got the lions share?

Head coach needs to be fired immediately, especially because you didn't value, and mismanaged my rookie QB who we've invested in, while these other guys in reality DO NOT have a contract for 2023.

The HC is totally backwards his arenda, which nobody understands can't succeed no matter who else's failed QB you plug in next. Success is home grown. Look at Cam.

RIP you have to stop saying "facts" when things aren't facts..

Just because teams "said" they had 1st round grades on player doesn't mean they did.. Their actions which are Facts.. Say all those team skipped over him 3x in the draft.. And the "facts" are he was only drafted 4 to 6 spots ahead of WIll Grier (context not for the same reason) but it happened..

He wasn't 2nd team because they saw how far away he was from being a starter in Rookie mini camp, mini camp, offseason workouts and TC.. Which the whole time the organization was telling fans like you that the plan was for him to have a Redshirt year.. Again that isn't crazy when the guy is a raw 3rd round project..

Finally you want to blame the HC like he was a lone gunman in this decision.. When in reality it was The GM, HC, scouting staff and OC all uttering the same plan.. Not just the HC.. Where were you when this was being said.. You only heard the 1st round grade thing and didn't listen to anything else??

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

RIP you have to stop saying "facts" when things aren't facts..

Just because teams "said" they had 1st round grades on player doesn't mean they did.. Their actions which are Facts.. Say all those team skipped over him 3x in the draft.. And the "facts" are he was only drafted 4 to 6 spots ahead of WIll Grier (context not for the same reason) but it happened..

He wasn't 2nd team because they saw how far away he was from being a starter in Rookie mini camp, mini camp, offseason workouts and TC.. Which the whole time the organization was telling fans like you that the plan was for him to have a Redshirt year.. Again that isn't crazy when the guy is a raw 3rd round project..

Finally you want to blame the HC like he was a lone gunman in this decision.. When in reality it was The GM, HC, scouting staff and OC all uttering the same plan.. Not just the HC.. Where were you when this was being said.. You only heard the 1st round grade thing and didn't listen to anything else??

Ok, just for you, the Panthers had him as QB1, allegedly. Does that matter?

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Not when they waited almost 3 rounds and wouldn't give up 2023 1st or 2nd pick to get him...

Actions speak louder then words..

If they truly had him as QB1 with a 1st round grade why not give up the high picks next year to get him??

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

And IF that mattered why didn't Corral not matter all of a sudden. Too much spunk, too accurate in camp, wasn't throwing NFL level precision laser. I don't like college football. I scout them before the NFL. So your telling me this guy who was, allegedly, QB1 on the Panthers draft board, allegedly the best QB in the SEC the 2021 season with a damn good 2022 isn't ready to play for the four year in a row losing Panthers? Only a Menagerie!? Has been. Ticket, tv, box office gimmick the NFL will pump up then immediately not care less about? Yeah.

Draft rank doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.  Draft "projections" mean even less, essentially next to nothing.

Corral was playing behind essentially the same line PJ was behind.  His lack of reps did not get him hurt. 

This sucks for him but it doesn't mean the end of his career and I still hope he develops to be a good QB.

Drafting Corral gave us options when negotiating for Baker because the Browns didn't know if we were willing to walk away and just run with Sam/Matt.  There was no way we were going with just Sam.

• Pie 1

Chris Simms, who had Corral at #1 on his QB board, had some not nice things to say about Corral's play before injury. Said he looks small out there especially in comparison to other rookie QBs and that he's been bad under pressure when the pocket collapses. On to next year with him....

9 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Chris Simms, who had Corral at #1 on his QB board, had some not nice things to say about Corral's play before injury. Said he looks small out there especially in comparison to other rookie QBs and that he's been bad under pressure when the pocket collapses. On to next year with him....

His recovery once he goes under the knife is basically a year.  So I doubt we see anything from him in 2023

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Draft rank doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.  Draft "projections" mean even less, essentially next to nothing.

Corral was playing behind essentially the same line PJ was behind.  His lack of reps did not get him hurt. 

This sucks for him but it doesn't mean the end of his career and I still hope he develops to be a good QB.

Drafting Corral gave us options when negotiating for Baker because the Browns didn't know if we were willing to walk away and just run with Sam/Matt.  There was no way we were going with just Sam.

If I remember PJ was getting twisted up. So yeah, third string line does have serious issues.

You didn't see Baker or Sam playing with future car salesman.

Edited by rippadonn

Just now, rippadonn said:

Matt Corral wasn't Kenny Pickett so he didn't matter to him.

He'd have to do a lot of splaining to make me believe otherwise and even if he did...

Wouldn't believe him. Too much history, especially Cam, that comes to mind in this situation. The dishonesty.

Cam teddy sam cam Corral

But it's not rhules fault according to some on here