• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why hate Jake?

Kurb

What gets me is how personal some of it sounds.

Delhomme has never shown himself to be anything but the nicest of guys. Yeah, he's failing in the game now, and should be benched, but that's not a valid reason to hate him. He's still owed a lot of gratitude for what he's given this team in the past. It's just sad the story didn't have a better ending.

And yes, it is more on Fox right now for keeping huim in than anything else, but in fairness there's a lot of player loyalty to Jake too. I'm sure that factored into the decision.

Bottom Line: It's not easy to fire the good guy, but sometimes you just have to do it.

Yep.

Is it safe to say John Fox ruined Jakes career ?

He could have went out with some good thoughts... now he will go out as a turnover machine QB

I would have to say Fox & Jake's surgery is what wrong with Jake lately. He didn't look bad last year, but now he doesn't anymore. Shame it has to end this way since he was almost close to winning the SB against the Cheatriots & the fact he never throw his teammates under the bus like P.Manning.

I hate Jake cuz he still thinks he can play...he should have pulled a Mike Minter. Minter knew he couldn't play at a high level and called it wraps.

The problem with your quote right there is that Minter's knees was getting worse & he could wind up with knees pain or having to use wheelchair for the rest of his life if he didn't retire. That different than what Jake went through. Another thing is that Jake been a starter here for 6 yrs. When you're a starter that long, it hard to want to give it up with how you can be some competivie to stay as a starter.

I think its safe to say that without Steve Smith Jake would have never had a career because HE FUGGIN BLOWS!!!!!

You're kidding, right? Apparently you never look at how Moose did with Jake as his QB 5 yrs. ago. He has one of his best career along with Colbert being only good in his rookie season. For peak's sake, Moose went to the Pro Bowl that year with Smitty done for a season & with Jake throwing him those balls I mention. So much for saying "Jake is nothing without Smith". :lol: :lol:

And again, it nice to see how immature you are with being a hateful bastard over just a game & refusing to grow up. Sheesh!

i remember a few years back when people talked like this about kurt warner.

Jakes problem is not his arm. He can still overthrow smitty --

Jakes problem is his head.

His best medicine will be sitting the bench watching.

He will be back in NE and everyone here will be screaming lol lol

I actually agree, I think it is all in his head.

Both of them selfish, like I said. Their friendship came before the team, instead of thinking team first

Please, Fox is a NFL head coach. He doesnt have some love for one single players over his furture, team, wins. Maybe he just actually believed Jake was the best option?

There really is know reason to hate him. To hate him becuase he doesnt quit is pretty lame.

I can never hate the guy. Believe me, it's quite frustrating for me to see how badly he's playing and I certainly don't feel confident he can ever regain his composure. Yet, I'll still end up buying his jersey one day and he'll be the benchmark that our next QB will be compared to.

To all the people who "Hate Jake because he wont quit/bench himself/play in traffic.

Have you ever quit a job because you did do well?

Have you stopped competing because you were failing?

Have you ever heard of forced retirement?

Fox has always been the main problem but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Jake isn't a problem.

Phantom injury, bench your self, suicide, something, I don't care but just don't ever take the fuging field again Jake.

Is it safe to say John Fox ruined Jakes career ?

no, because its still jake's fault that he is playing poorly. it's not fox's fault jake isn't performing badly, only that he's leaving him in when he does. pulling him wouldn't improve jake's career so leaving him in isn't ruining it. jake is ruining it all by himself. fox is just ruining his own by leaving him in.

now they've each ruined their own careers and its time for JR to pull them both before they ruin the franchise!

I agree that Jake's problem is his head. Maybe I'll post more on it some other time. Don't hold your effing breath though.

now they've each ruined their own careers and its time for JR to pull them both before they ruin the franchise!

They may have already done that(or are going down that path) by neglecting the QB position for so long, and trading away our firsts.

I agree that JR needs to intervene, hopefully sooner rather than later to stop this madness from getting worse.

Please, Fox is a NFL head coach. He doesnt have some love for one single players over his furture, team, wins. Maybe he just actually believed Jake was the best option?

There really is know reason to hate him. To hate him becuase he doesnt quit is pretty lame.

Child please

He was worried about Jake being the QB first, even after his horrible performances. He didn't even entertain the thought of sitting him for one game. Jake was worried about being the starter and proving everybody wrong

Loyalty came first, team second. Actions speak louder than what you "believe" or "think"

Child please

He was worried about Jake being the QB first, even after his horrible performances. He didn't even entertain the thought of sitting him for one game. Jake was worried about being the starter and proving everybody wrong

Loyalty came first, team second. Actions speak louder than what you "believe" or "think"

Utterly ridiculous.

Fox isn't going to risk his job just to start a guy he likes. Agree or not, there's little doubt he genuinely believes that Jake gives the team the best chance to win over Moore.

There's also little doubt that his teammates are fiercely loyal to Delhomme. They've been to war with him, and they're competitors too. It's more personal to them than to any of us, and Fox knows this.

It's perfectly valid to disagree with Fox's conclusion, and even with his judgment, but to suggest that he was willing to put Delhomme's welfare over the team's - and his own - is just plain silly.

He was wrong. It happens, to both bad coaches and good ones.

(people on the Cowher train should look back at how long he stuck with Kordell Stewart)

So...you're saying Fox is just an idiot and a bad coach (which he currently is)?

Fox and Hurney both made a risk when they gave Jake that extension. No doubt in my mind that he truly believed that Jake was our QB of the future. That's why I think he has such a problem benching Delhomme. He's already said he has that problem.

Too bad it was such a bad mistake. Will definitely ruin Delhomme's career and hurt Fox's future as a head coach.

Archived