• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral assessment from Simms

NAS

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you dont think a head coach is directly responsible for the development of qbs?  Plus I never meant to imply he was the sole one coaching him but he is damn sure the one that is involved in the planning of the development. 

Of course the head coach is in large part responsible for development of the roster.  I just think you've got a bit of tunnel vision and are excluding all other factors in whether a rookie QB is successful in the NFL.  Namely, the most important factor which is said QB's individual ability and readiness.  Not all rookies are created equal.  Some are going to be raw and need more time to develop and require different developmental approaches depending on what their issues are (footwork, learning a pro offense, deep ball accuracy, etc.), whereas others unfortunately simply don't have what it takes and are going to fail even in spite of all the best coaching in the world.

I have no idea what will ultimately become of Matt Corral and whether he is one of those QBs who just doesn't have it, or if he needs a little more time, or if he's an amazing QB who is being held back by Rhule's development.  I just think it's a bit silly to be like "See!  There are other QBs doing well in the preseason, therefore obviously Rhule is ruining Matt Corral".  You seem to view every individual prospect as an identical ball of clay to be molded by the coaching staff.  Give Matt Rhule a rookie Cam Newton or Russel Wilson and give Andy Reid or Vince Lombardi a rookie Jimmy Clausen and I'm fairly sure Rhule's QB can outperform their Clausen lol.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If you are using this small sample size as your reason then we should have drafted Pickett or Thompson as they have the best 2 ratings (which means nothing IMO).  

Should have picked Sam Howell…Pickett went round 1 so no there

Edited by Shocker

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Interesting you should say that...

Apparently Josh Klein said something on WFNZ.

Didn't hear it myself so I don't know what he said exactly. Gonna guess Klein didn't say "Camolina".

How many chances does Rhule need to waste before people realize he sucks? This is the third go, and nothing at all inspires confidence. I guess if you love going 5-12 like Josh Klein, Rhule's your man.

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If you are using this small sample size as your reason then we should have drafted Pickett or Thompson as they have the best 2 ratings (which means nothing IMO).  

It would be awkward and humbling for Huddlers to acknowledge Pickett's strong preseason after spending all offseason calling him a bust/career back-up.  So I think most of them are going to pretend he doesn't exist lol.

21 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Howell would just have a 49.3 rating here, too. probably worse tbh, because he'd throw into coverage like he did last week, since none of the Panthers fourth-string WRs can get any separation in the one-second window the QB has to throw.

Yep.  It's all about perspective and it's only preseason who knows how they will look during actual games.