• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll bite.

All those circumstances you listed? Those were self inflicted by Rhule. 

He chose to get rid of Cam and roll with Teddy, then get rid of Teddy and roll with Darnold. 

He put the offensive line together by going out and making sure we got "versatile" guys in erving and elflein on DAY ONE of FA last year.

He forcefed CMC right after a season where he had over 400 touches.

He put together the inexperienced NFL staff that failed the past two seasons.

There are PLENTY of other head coaching candidates that could have come in and done better than what Rhule has shown thus far, because they wouldn't have done as many dumb things as Rhule has done.

possibly initially...but we are looking 10-15 years down the road...not just a year or 2.... 

21 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Nick Sirianni - Playoffs year one

Cowboys - playoffs year two under McCarthy

Mike Vrabel - Playoffs in year 2 in TN

Andy Reid took the Chiefs to the postseason his first year after they finishing with a 2-14 record in 2012

Sean McDermott took the bills to the playoffs in his first year after 18 years of the bills missing the postseason

Frank Reich took his team to the playoffs in his first year as HC after not being able to even pick his own staff in 2018 and the Colts were 4-12 in 2017

Sean McVay took the rams to the playoffs year one of his tenure when the rams hadn't made it to the postseason since 2004. 

Kevin Stefanski took the Browns to the playoffs after a drought of 17 years

Matt Nagy (sucks) still took the bears to the playoffs his first year as HC with a 12-4 record after a year of 5-11

Brandon Staley in the playoff hunt year 1 of his tenure as HC of the chargers

Bruce Arians - Playoffs in year two

Riverboat Ron - Playoffs year one in the dumpster fire that is DC

Arthur Goddamn Smith has won more games in his first year with a poo roster and no offensive line than Matt fuging Rhule has in either of his first two seasons. 

There are some legitimately great HC's on that list that are head and shoulders above Rhule.  Others, meh.   Some of the coaches were on their second stint as HC, others went to the playoffs without beating a single playoff team all season, one went to the playoffs with a losing record the first year.  Some went to the playoffs their first year and haven't  been back.  One went the playoffs because he landed the GOAT who proceed to get him demoted.

Apparently you were expecting playoffs last year.  Sam made sure that wasn't going to happen.

Here's to hope we make the playoffs this year, and you can then put Rhule on a list of coaches that took 3 years.

6 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

How many Superb Owls is that in total among your 12 examples? 

Belichick, Walsh and Knoll have how many? Wait I need to take off my shoes. All 3 needed more than 2 seasons to even have a winning record. What's your point?

Geez, you guys are grasping at straws.

The guys you cited all have NFL pedigrees before becoming HC’s.

Zac Taylor spent 4 years with the Dolphins, then a pair of seasons with the Rams.

Chuck Noll spent 5 years with the Chargers, then 3 as the Assistant HC to Don Shula with the Colts.

Bill Walsh spent a year with the Raiders, 8 with the Bengals, then another year with the Chargers.

These guys knew full well how to coach in the NFL.  They were not busy trying to apply college techniques to professionals.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll bite.

All those circumstances you listed? Those were self inflicted by Rhule. 

He chose to get rid of Cam and roll with Teddy, then get rid of Teddy and roll with Darnold. 

He put the offensive line together by going out and making sure we got "versatile" guys in erving and elflein on DAY ONE of FA last year.

He forcefed CMC right after a season where he had over 400 touches.

He put together the inexperienced NFL staff that failed the past two seasons.

There are PLENTY of other head coaching candidates that could have come in and done better than what Rhule has shown thus far, because they wouldn't have done as many dumb things as Rhule has done.

Most competent coaches would have bitten the bullet his first year and start the rebuild proper

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Honestly I respect your endless optimism, but it's got to be rooted in absolute denial of reality. 

It's just more fun than being angry all the time. It's how I try to live my life about everything. My philosophy is that if you can't believe in something good then what's the point of anything?

Just to make sure you understood the intent, I was saying that I was one of the darkside not you, because my opinion isn't popular but yours is. 

And thanks for the respect. I appreciate that comment. 

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I was expecting competency.

Oh and who was the brainiac that looked at the film on Sam and thought he could win with him?

That was Phil Snow, then Rhule, then Fitt.    I assume Tepper was included somewhere.

I know.  You're really really mad about that.

4 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It's just more fun than being angry all the time. It's how I try to live my life about everything. My philosophy is that if you can't believe in something good then what's the point of anything?

Just to make sure you understood the intent, I was saying that I was one of the darkside not you, because my opinion isn't popular but yours is. 

And thanks for the respect. I appreciate that comment. 

ah, the whole "glass half full" method of going through life post.  I love these because no matter how optimistic I get about this team and no matter how many times I post we are going to the super bowl it doesnt change the actual reality of the situation

This is a anonymous sports message board, its fuging retarded to take what someone posts and try to apply it to their real life, but congrats you did buddy

Edited by mrcompletely11