• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Thompson on Rhule

CashNewton22

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Obviously Creed Humphrey>TMJ in the 2nd and Trey Smith>Long Snapper in the 6th

trey smith was a total shot in the dark 6th round pick and both benefit from the system. again this is total hindsight now that you can see the outcome. in 2021 we needed Tackles not C's

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh come on there were olinemen to be had in the draft. We took a WR who we can't even get to stay on the field and then we paid RA 30 million dollars and we took a long snapper we cut a year later instead of more OL depth. That's two right there that could help in solidifying our oline. Let's also not forget the fact that Fitterer and Rhule went out and signed two of the worst olinemen to overpay contracts on the first day of free agency last year. It was not an ideal situation to try and fix in a short time period granted but again the way we have gone about it has not been necessarily helpful either and some realistic criticism has been warranted.

At least it wasn’t the jags or jets drafts of the last 3 years. Those are really bad….

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

trey smith was a total shot in the dark 6th round pick and both benefit from the system. again this is total hindsight now that you can see the outcome. in 2021 we needed Tackles not C's

As if Fletcher wasn't such a pick. Smith absolutely should have been that choice, not an LS. And Carolina absolutely did need a center, though I can't say that I expect d Humphrey to come out as strong as he did.

• Beer 2

44 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

who? tell me the names that were on the board at our spot who youd take over what we did. RA just came off a 1000 yard season and was huge for us. definitely earned the contract. 

again you are 100% hindsighting to poo on rhule. atleast own it. 

You're going on and on and on about haters and hindsight like it's everyone else who is biased and already has their mind made up while you are completely objective and not at all just bulldozing over any valid criticism bc you want this place to be a pro Rhule echo chamber. Sorry pal that's not how life works. He was handed the keys to the franchise from the get go and made a statement with his first big move in sending Cam Newton packing. Since then he's been on the clock like any other head coach before him. Now I would be thrilled if he goes on to turn this franchise around and we become legit contenders. But I don't have to entertain false notions in the meantime as if he has made no mistakes along the way. We'll see how this season shakes out.

46 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Obviously Creed Humphrey>TMJ in the 2nd and Trey Smith>Long Snapper in the 6th

I have an unhealthy infatuation with the center position, and to say that I wanted Creed Humphrey and Tyler Linderbaum is an understatement (I will die on the hill that wrestlers make great linemen, especially centers). However, we've also got the guy that Linderbaum replaced... and he's seems to be pretty good too.

Trey Smith is the guy that every fan but Chiefs fans can point at and scream, "SEE!?!?!" when arguing against their current regime. 😂

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're going on and on and on about haters and hindsight like it's everyone else who is biased and already has their mind made up while you are completely objective and not at all just bulldozing over any valid criticism bc you want this place to be a pro Rhule echo chamber. Sorry pal that's not how life works. He was handed the keys to the franchise from the get go and made a statement with his first big move in sending Cam Newton packing. Since then he's been on the clock like any other head coach before him. Now I would be thrilled if he goes on to turn this franchise around and we become legit contenders. But I don't have to entertain false notions in the meantime as if he has made no mistakes along the way. We'll see how this season shakes out.

valid criticism of rhule is trying to make journeymen QB work. the oline and players defending rhule arent valid. i make no claims to being objective but im 100% not blinded by hate and breaking my back to create narratives that fuel my hate.  

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

I have an unhealthy infatuation with the center position, and to say that I wanted Creed Humphrey and Tyler Linderbaum is an understatement (I will die on the hill that wrestlers make great linemen, especially centers). However, we've also got the guy that Linderbaum replaced... and he's seems to be pretty good too.

Trey Smith is the guy that every fan but Chiefs fans can point at and scream, "SEE!?!?!" when arguing against their current regime. 😂

Trey Smith was definitely not hindsight, pretty sure 90% of every teams fans were yelling at the TV in the 6th round watching him fall down the board. Thomas Fletcher isn't even on a practice squad right now lol 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Trey Smith was definitely not hindsight, pretty sure 90% of every teams fans were yelling at the TV in the 6th round watching him fall down the board. Thomas Fletcher isn't even on a practice squad right now lol 

We really need Christensen to become a linchpin. If he doesn't take the next step that's nothing to show for on the OL in the draft in a season where we were 31st in the league. For all the criticism of Ron Rivera over the oline the fanbase would go nuclear if it were him bumbling his way through building a lineup like this and squandering picks on long snappers.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

any pick after the 3rd is a shot in the dark. wtf are you mad about? these are all low hit rate picks. stop using that as a knock on rhule you bozo

In fairness we have had the misfortune of witnessing Marty Hurney navigate mid to late round picks for many years and to say the least not many people were keen to be using this excuse.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

In fairness we have had the misfortune of witnessing Marty Hurney navigate mid to late round picks for many years and to say the least not many people were keen to be using this excuse.

majority of picks after the 3rd round fizzle out in the league. i dont know why you and this clown @mrcompletely11think every 6th round pick is going to be a sure fire starter. tells me yall dont understand the game