• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be mad and hate.. but..

WOW!!

Just now, WOW!! said:

Yeah maybe.. But again first game of the year with a new QB, Oline and facing a top 5 defense.. What were you expecting The greatest show on turf??

Really?  This is your reply?

I can expect the professional football team I am a fan of to be FAR better prepared and coached than what they showed today even against a Top 10 (not 5 IMO) defense.  I guess I expect too much of well paid coaches who "coach" well paid players.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Rhule and company have given us so much reason to bank on them improving. 😂

I thought that penalties did a ton to derail us today. I was happy about the adjustments in the second half but too many errors, blown coverage, wiff blocking and poor tackling. I hope that issue to being the first game and we clean those up.

• Flames 1

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

Really?  This is your reply?

I can expect the professional football team I am a fan of to be FAR better prepared and coached than what they showed today even against a Top 10 (not 5 IMO) defense.  I guess I expect too much of well paid coaches who "coach" well paid players.

Cool.. Idk what you expect.. I can use Context in my opinion and understand this wasn't going to be the greatest show on turf game 1... I know football and that browns defense has top talent in each level of the defense.. So I saw what I thought I would.. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I thought that penalties did a ton to derail us today. I was happy about the adjustments in the second half but too many errors, blown coverage, wiff blocking and poor tackling. I hope that issue to being the first game and we clean those up.

Exactly too many errors to many times the ball was on the ground and we were facing a bad match up.. But I saw a team that didn't quit after a awful 1st half and had a chance to win and got crushed by 2 bad calls at the end..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I am just going to leave this thought here:

Does it really take a great coach to know that Ike would need help against Garrett today?  Look, I know sometimes you have to ask your players to bear down and go 1 on 1 with All-Pro players but you have to know you can't ask that a majority of the game.  I suppose it is "trial by fire" for Ike and hopefully he'll grow from it, but it's just common sense.  Fans don't get paid millions to understand the obvious. 

As a HC Rhule has to talk to his OC, Off Line coach, DC, etc. to all relate and come to a common conclusion on things that are so OBVIOUS.  It's poor game planning that we've seen for 3 years now.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This is not true. The Browns drove down the field and kicked a walk off field goal for the win. Baker led a go ahead score drive.

That is true.. He lead the team down for a game winning drive and if the defense didn't get screwed or its job.. We win..

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

After watching the first couple of seasons of Rhule coaching the Panthers are you really still hoping that these issues are cleaned up?  They never have been in the past.

I hope you are right, I hope they are.  I am about out of faith.