• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Refs screwed us

gorillamilitia13

18 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Had it been a penalty, they still could have kicked- there were 13 seconds left. However, they would have had to get lined up and kick in 3 seconds when the ref blew the whistle. A bit more pressure and further away. Prolly would been a Hail Mary.

No there would not be 13 seconds left.  There would be a required clock run off.

50 minutes ago, CRA said:

it was a horrible call. 

Hey we agree on something.

but players and coaches in the NFL will consistently tell you it's not one bad call that determines any game. 

Of course they do, because they can't control those or do anything about them, unless you're the aints, apparently. 

That doesn't mean they don't decide a game.  And this case, they did.

Just now, poundaway said:

Hey we agree on something.

Of course they do, because they can't control those or do anything about them, unless you're the aints, apparently. 

That doesn't mean they don't decide a game.  And this case, they did.

I mean, I tell me freaking kid the same thing about bad calls in sports.   Bad calls happen.  In every game.  Missed ones.  One call in reality has never decided any game.  All the other plays added up matter more. 

I wouldn't let my kid blame the ref for a loss.  He could bitch about the call though. 

Just now, poundaway said:

We bitch about every fncking thing else here, but we can't bitch about two bad calls that decide a game?

no one said you can't bitch about the call lol.  You clearly aren't even reading the posts you quote at this point. 

13-10 = 3.  And I just told you my kid could bitch about the call.  Just not blame the ref for his L.   The right to bitch was literally in the post you are ranting about lol. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/refs-screwed-panthers-browns-got-away-with-penalty-before-game-winner/ar-AA11Iml7

Refs screwed Panthers: Browns got away with penalty before game-winner

The Browns' victory over the Panthers was shrouded in controversy after referees botched a late call that would have prevented Cleveland's game-winner.

We aren't even through one full week of NFL action and the referees have already impacted the result of a game.

The Browns and Panthers came together for one of the more intriguing matchups in Week 1 considering Baker Mayfield's connection to the former while quarterbacking the latter.

However, a missed call overshadowed the grudge match, allowing Cleveland to win the game 26-24, taking the lead on a 58-yard field goal with eight seconds remaining.

Before the kick, Browns QB Jacoby Brissett appeared to fake a spike before going through with the motion to stop the clock and set up the kick attempt.