• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on QB struggles yesterday

ncfan

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's an accurate assessment of the situation. It is a fair way to treat the players on any team. It should work flawlessly under optimal conditions and in theory should produce a solid squad.

What we ended up with from his execution of this master plan is well short of a solid squad.

We haven't even gotten to the game preparation thought process employed by the master builder. 

Not saying there was nothing to complain about. I did expect a lot of loose as opposed to tight, in and teamwork and that is what we got. 

I wasn’t in favor of hiring Rhule. And the power he got was a cherry on top. Our owner. And I wasn’t in favor of Mayfield either but we’ll see, 
But we have won with sub par game management and good players before. We are still missing a few pieces to overcome that, yes. 

At the same time I don’t think I want to harp on all Rhule’s game day deficiencies right now when if the players executed, the game is won. So another day on his referendum. We really lost because of piss poor execution more than anything. Missed tackles, stupid penalties, missed blocks. 
The biggest thing to me is the NFL is in week one and many good teams play really bad football, historically, week one. Not saying we are a good team, I am just saying a lot of bad product is on the field every year and if you judge from that you will be wrong a lot of the time. In both directions. I bet people thought we were going to be pretty good last year….  I know they did, after the first game. And the second… ha ha.

Now Mayfield doesn’t fix that batted pass poo it won’t be a good year, I will say that. I expect the exchange will be much easier to get right. He had some flashes though. I just want them to be a good team by year’s  end whether it is playoffs or not. Show me that, which has not been here for years, and let’s get on with it. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We scored on 3 of our last 4 drives…. If we carry that into NYG and continue to score, what else would you call that? 

We played scared on the final drive and basically curled up in the fetal position…and setup Clev to have a game winning drive.  That’s not chest beating momentum. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We scored on 3 of our last 4 drives…. If we carry that into NYG and continue to score, what else would you call that? 

Is our defense also playing?

They're gonna be facing a Brian Daboll led unit with a hard running RB.

I'd call that more inertia than momentum.

Just now, CRA said:

We played scared on the final drive and basically curled up in the fetal position…and setup Clev to have a game winning drive.  That’s not chest beating momentum. 

We didn’t play scared tho… it was a pass play on the fumbled snap. Run play on the second down and then a lb RPO with DJ first option and CMC second option. You can see it if you can go back and watch those 3 plays.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is our defense also playing?

They're gonna be facing a Brian Daboll led unit with a hard running RB.

I'd call that more inertia than momentum.

Whatever you want to call it, call it. I call it momentum. Hopefully we carry that into NY.

Edited by TheCasillas

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They got new players and lost old ones in the offseason...same as us.

Other teams with rookie head coaches put teams on the field that looked like they belonged in the NFL. Hell, the Giants beat the Titans and the Dolphins drubbed the Patriots.

How is it that these guys can have their units ready and up to the challenge of good teams while we face a team led by a backup QB and a coach inexplicably going against his team's strengths, but look awful and lose?

Okay Scott the Giants and the Titans looked just as bad as us but yes give them credit for playing each other.. Did you actually watch that game??

Just now, WOW!! said:

Okay Scott the Giants and the Titans looked just as bad as us but yes give them credit for playing each other.. Did you actually watch that game??

Watched the highlights (same as you). Will be watching the full replay this week.

Planning on watching quite a bit of them on NFL plus honestly.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We didn’t play scared tho… it was a pass play on the fumbled snap. Run play on the second down and then a lb RPO with DJ first option and CMC second option. You can see it if you can go back and watch those 3 plays.

Matt Rhule said it himself after the game.  He didn’t think they could get into FG position with that time….and he played it that way.  

we needed to go for the first down.  That’s how you win.   He was content kicking.  He said so.  They discussed it per Rhule and specifically the belief they didn’t think a NFL can get into FG position late in a game with a freaking minute on the clock.

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Matt Rhule said it himself after the game.  He didn’t think they could get into FG position with that time….and he played it that way.  

The plays called on the field were exactly what I just shared. I’m not sure what else I can do or say here.

sure that’s what he said, but 2 of the 3 plays were pass plays. If you have anyway of replaying the game, you will see that for yourself as well.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Watched the highlights (same as you). Will be watching the full replay this week.

Planning on watching quite a bit of them on NFL plus honestly.

I agree with @WOW!!- I watched the titians and giants game as well. It was really bad play call after bad play call by each team. Both defenses were very suspect. Titans might be in for a long season. I can see Vrabel seat getting hot.

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Giants ran for 200+ yards and Barkley avg 9 yards a carry.    So I wouldn’t say they looked as bad as us. They also held Derrick Henry and the Titans rush attack under 100 yards 

Jones sucks but they can’t be expected to solve that at this point 

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The plays called on the field were exactly what I just shared. I’m not sure what else I can do or say here.

sure that’s what he said, but 2 of the 3 plays were pass plays. If you have anyway of replaying the game, you will see that for yourself as well.

Again, Matt Rhule literally addressed the mindset at the end of the game and the discussion they had.   

they were content letting the Browns get the ball back with a minute and played it that way.  Which is what I said they did.   I just used the phrase scared and balled up in the fetal position instead of going for the win/first down