• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great offensive breakdown

TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I wonder what his true feeelings are since RR/carolina fired him....He may have issues with coming back........FYI I know this and Ive said it before- It was not Ken Dorseys fault Cam didnt improve, it was Cams.

Honestly I need to see more of him and what type of picture he is painting by seasons end....but i will keep tabs. Beofre he took over Bufflao didnt need a punter for like 3 games....he lead the same out-come, but the guy @LinvilleGorge hated is the best weapon/player in the whole league. It is a 3rd down nightmare if youre against Allen now, unstoppable.  

What was that? Did you have a stroke or something?

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He has over a decade of experience doesnt he? Plus he played in the NFL. I think he has more experience than McVay did before becoming the Rams HC. I could be wrong though....

I maybe wrong, but I thought Ken was running or heavily involved with one of the better draft-prep orgs before RR hired him. About 92% sure he was helping draft QBs prepare for NFL/combine/improve.  Along with running a huge gym ala ricky proehl

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What was that? Did you have a stroke or something?

How does Herbert and Allen look now? 

You trashed both, hardcore...

One is playing like he should have won the 2021 MVP and repeat this year.

The other can prevent it and he, himself win the MVP. 

The breakdown tells me that the plays were there to be made but for various reasons they were not. Mostly on Baker for missing a read or getting happy feet or fumbling the snap.

The oline played better than it appeared live but due to misques by Ian, Ekwonu or Baker for one reason or another the offense just stalled.

Baker missed a lot of wide open receivers that killed drives early on that really hurt moment.  He hurt himself by not trusting his oline and got impatient. 

In short, the game plan was not the problem.  The execution was awful in the first half which is is confusing because the play calling was good enough to walk all over the Browns.  But the pressure he put on himself to make a statement that Baker let it get the better of him.

I'm liking what is saw of the play designs McAdoo used. I just wish they had made a few of them.

P.S. Shi Smith is underutilized. He's a baller.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The breakdown tells me that the plays were there to be made but for various reasons they were not. Mostly on Baker for missing a read or getting happy feet or fumbling the snap.

The oline played better than it appeared live but due to misques by Ian, Ekwonu or Baker for one reason or another the offense just stalled.

Baker missed a lot of wide open receivers that killed drives early on that really hurt moment.  He hurt himself by not trusting his oline and got impatient. 

In short, the game plan was not the problem.  The execution was awful in the first half which is is confusing because the play calling was good enough to walk all over the Browns.  But the pressure he put on himself to make a statement that Baker let it get the better of him.

I'm liking what is saw of the play designs McAdoo used. I just wish they had made a few of them.

My biggest concern for the O-line is the run game, combo of Elf and BC wasn't really getting much push at all, plus Ian whiffing on most of his responsibilities. Even though Elf wasn't a liability in pass pro Boze would add more power to the run game

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It did played out like a pre-season game. Baker was playing the team that drafted him #1 and no matter what......it affected him. Same for others Ickey, Elf and most of the coaching staff... Too nervey, just was not ready for a game that counted until it was too late.... then the refs and a fuging rookie Kicker nailed a 58....

Wish this whole game, the plan, the snaps was in the 3rd PS game....o well.

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

I was surprised how good Elflein (excl. snap issues, not sure who was at fault) looked. I think our o-line will get really good over the next couple of games. Encouraging.

He did look good minus the snap-wufus. FYI Browns have either the 30th-32nd ranked DT group....

Edited by Basbear

17 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I maybe wrong, but I thought Ken was running or heavily involved with one of the better draft-prep orgs before RR hired him. About 92% sure he was helping draft QBs prepare for NFL/combine/improve.  Along with running a huge gym ala ricky proehl

His first two years with the Panthers, he worked as a scout (as opposed to a coach).

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His first two years with the Panthers, he worked as a scout (as opposed to a coach).

Do you remember what was the business name that Ken worked for before the Panthers? I think it was in FL, like many are. I sorta remember him owning part of it, but not sure of that part.