• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does 0-2 put Rhule’s seat red hot?

Panthers Fan 69

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I think Rhule gets the entire year regardless. Maybe he gets fired once we're eliminated from the playoffs mathematically but not before then.

if he doesn't win at home, it's going to be tough for him to get the whole season. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

if he doesn't win at home, it's going to be tough for him to get the whole season. 

I don't think it will be tough for Tepper to keep Rhule all year or even into next year regardless of any of that, to be honest. Tepper's "I don't give a fug" attitude about what people think is very apparent. He does things his own way. Which seems to be horribly wrong, but I don't think Tepper will feel any pressure to make a move. I really do think Rhule gets the entire season regardless. Only way he gets fired early is if we're clearly a disaster and mathematically eliminated and Tepper wants to get a head start on the search for the next HC. Can't at all see Rhule getting fired in the first 12 weeks or so, would be very late in the season if at all.

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

he only is going to eat all that money if Matt Rhule stays unemployed. 

He can eat the dough.  But I do wonder what type of language is in the contract regarding performance and whatnot. There's $34 million remaining in Rhule's contract after this season.

Don't forget Tepper is now at 22-42 as an owner, that's gotta start feeling sh*tty in a major way soon.   10-24 of that falls on Rhule, it's just so much shart.

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't think it will be tough for Tepper to keep Rhule all year or even into next year regardless of any of that, to be honest. Tepper's "I don't give a fug" attitude about what people think is very apparent. He does things his own way. Which seems to be horribly wrong, but I don't think Tepper will feel any pressure to make a move. I really do think Rhule gets the entire season regardless. Only way he gets fired early is if we're clearly a disaster and mathematically eliminated and Tepper wants to get a head start on the search for the next HC. Can't at all see Rhule getting fired in the first 12 weeks or so, would be very late in the season if at all.

keeping Rhule after a 3rd straight 5 win season is easy.

Keeping the BOA seats from being empty and still being able to sell tickets for the price you want going forward? Not as easy. 

Tepper does give a fug about money/financial success.  He also cares about his image.  And Matt Rhule simply can't continue to be what he is....and it not eventually become a really bad business deal for Tepper.  And I am not talking the actual Rhule contract here. And there is nothing saying he won't act to that IMO

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Tepper's committed to the Year 3 experiment at this point. It'll take public humilation to end it now, like 0-6 or something.

What about a 0-11 at home streak? 

I think the home games decide his fate. 

Can he beat AZ, NO, San Fran, Tampa?  All 4 of those teams have the ability to run at us too. 

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Keeping the BOA seats from being empty and still being able to sell tickets for the price you want going forward? Not as easy. 

Tepper does give a fug about money/financial success.  He also cares about his image.  And Matt Rhule simply can't continue to be what he is....and it not eventually become a really bad business deal for Tepper.  And I am not talking the actual Rhule contract here. And there is nothing saying he won't act to that IMO

Tepper is a big picture guy. If he really thinks, for some reason, that this is a 5 year process (as he's said numerous times) and that Rhule is still the right guy for this team then none of those short term issues will get in the way. We don't know what he really thinks but it would not surprise me one bit to see him stick it out with Rhule. No amount of empty seats or media/fan pressure will influence force his decision. Maybe it'll factor in, but again as we've seen so far, Tepper doesn't seem to give a fug about any of that and thinks he's a genius and does things his own way, no matter how poor the results so far.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

Tepper is a big picture guy. If he really thinks, for some reason, that this is a 5 year process (as he's said numerous times) and that Rhule is still the right guy for this team then none of those short term issues will get in the way. We don't know what he really thinks but it would not surprise me one bit to see him stick it out with Rhule. No amount of empty seats or media/fan pressure will influence force his decision. Maybe it'll factor in, but again as we've seen so far, Tepper doesn't seem to give a fug about any of that and thinks he's a genius and does things his own way, no matter how poor the results so far.

we will see, I tend to side with the reporting that came out during the complete nightmare of 2021.  Truths come out when things are bad.  I don't think Tepper is happy with Rhule.  I think this is a painful marriage about to end. 

it was reported he wasn't happy with Rhule.  Already discussing new HC hires.  And in that same reporting it still acknowledged Tepper was going to still have a year 3 with Rhule.    

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Keeping the BOA seats from being empty and still being able to sell tickets for the price you want going forward? Not as easy

With the % of PSLs owned on BOA.... This is a silly statement it doest matter If they are full or empty if the PSLs are still owned they have to purchase the tickets.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

we will see, I tend to side with the reporting that came out during the complete nightmare of 2021.  Truths come out when things are bad.  I don't think Tepper is happy with Rhule.  I think this is a painful marriage about to end. 

it was reported he wasn't happy with Rhule.  Already discussing new HC hires.  And in that same reporting it still acknowledged Tepper was going to still have a year 3 with Rhule.    

I don't disagree with this, like I said I think Rhule is gone after this season, but he's going to get the full season, or most of it. And outside factors won't influence Tepper, he's either fed up with Rhule or he's still committed to the 5 year plan. If he's fed up, Rhule is as good as gone anyways. If not, then things like empty seats/media/fans won't move him off of the 5 year plan. But yes based on those reports last year I don't think Tepper is still on the 5 year thing, he's giving Rhule 3 years and if there's no results, he's gone

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

With the % of PSLs owned on BOA.... This is a silly statement it doest matter If they are full or empty if the PSLs are still owned they have to purchase the tickets.

what do you think is going to happen after 4th straight 5 win season is getting put on the books and no sign of Rhule getting fired? 

you think the % of PSL's owned is going to increase, stay the same, or go down?  They already were unable to increase prices like they wanted to because they know the product hasn't been good enough for folks. 

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I don't disagree with this, like I said I think Rhule is gone after this season, but he's going to get the full season, or most of it. And outside factors won't influence Tepper, he's either fed up with Rhule or he's still committed to the 5 year plan. If he's fed up, Rhule is as good as gone anyways. If not, then things like empty seats/media/fans won't move him off of the 5 year plan. But yes based on those reports last year I don't think Tepper is still on the 5 year thing, he's giving Rhule 3 years and if there's no results, he's gone

well, I still would contend outside factors have already proven to influence Tepper.   When things went south in 2021.... Tepper went out and amended fences with Cam Newton to keep his team from being booed out of BOA for half the season. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

what do you think is going to happen after 4th straight 5 win season is getting put on the books and no sign of Rhule getting fired? 

you think the % of PSL's owned is going to increase, stay the same, or go down?  They already were unable to increase prices like they wanted to because they know the product hasn't been good enough for folks. 

That's the magic number.... and given we have we still have so many wine and cheesers...