• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

100% SPECULATION: Panthers MAY BE open to re-signing Baker for 2023

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Operation Golden Corral was to point out the unwillingness of your coach to develop and play a rookie. It's well established.

Baker has had more than one game to prove himself, four years of games.

Don't be butthurt when your boy flops again, he was on his way out of the league before genius Matt Rhule scooped him up before he was put in the dung pile.

Facts

Mayfield very well may flop. The reality remains that Corral looked unbelievably awful while a couple years ago Mayfield was seen by many as one of the better young QBs in the league. While I've seen no one trying to crown Mayfield you've been here acting like Corral is the next coming of Joe Montana and you're coming completely unglued because of it.

There's delusion afoot and you'll find it on the nearest mirror.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You are manufacturing this narrative in your own mind because you're so irrationally butthurt about Matt Corral looking awful and then getting hurt. It's bizarre.

I haven't seen anyone trying to crown Baker Mayfield.

I'm not willing to play your game today. Find someone else.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm not willing to play your game today. Find someone else.

I'm just calling you out on your game. Always shitting on Mayfield and propping up Corral. Corral is on IR. He looked completely dreadful before going on IR. Baker is our best bet. Yeah, that might not pan out but it is what it is. Keep manufacturing your own narratives about how everyone is trying to act like Baker is Cam in his prime while Corral is a future HOFer held down by Rhule.

It honestly makes you look completely insane which I personally find highly entertaining.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mayfield very well may flop. The reality remains that Corral looked unbelievably awful while a couple years ago Mayfield was seen by many as one of the better young QBs in the league. While I've seen no one trying to crown Mayfield you've been here acting like Corral is the next coming of Joe Montana and you're coming completely unglued because of it.

There's delusion afoot and you'll find it on the nearest mirror.

We don't know what NFL Corral is. We know what NFL Baker is...Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

48 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He played better than the guy who had an entire offseason + preseason with the team and that guy is still currently on the roster

I’m not blaming Cam. It was a near impossible situation for him. If he somehow played great through all of it, we would have tried to extend him. PJ is just holding a spot for Sam to return and we are stuck with Sam this year because of his contract. 

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Breaking news! If a player plays well this season the Panthers might be interested in extending that player. Same goes for every other franchise in the league. That’s the beauty of his contract situation. If Baker sucks we walk away. If he does well we can extend him. 

I am not arguing that but to speculate that we are already considering it after one game is BS.  He showed that he can pull it together and get us back in a game we should have won.  Getting us close to a win is not a sign that he's a franchise QB.

If he plays well going forward and we start winning, of course, but at this moment in time.  No one in the Panther Organization is leaning towards resigning him.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am not arguing that but to speculate that we are already considering it after one game is BS.  He showed that he can pull it together and get us back in a game we should have won.  Getting us close to a win is not a sign that he's a franchise QB.

If he plays well going forward and we start winning, of course, but at this moment in time.  No one in the Panther Organization is leaning towards resigning him.

Yes I think everyone agrees with this. That is why it says “may be open” versus “are considering.” No one is resigning him now, but if he plays well they might consider it which is normal.

• Pie 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

Talk to Linville, I didn't even bring up Corral.

You keep shitting on Baker. Who do you want us to play? PJ? That’s our only option right now. He was calling you out for constantly hating on our best option at QB. You call anyone that defends him “Baker Bros” and act like we think he is a HOF right now. Just relax and see what happens. If he struggles we move on and hopefully fire Rhule. If he plays great we have competitive football to watch. It’s a win/win.

• Pie 1