• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year?(Week 2 Edition)

Asaria

38 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

HC: Matt Rhule
OC: Dan Henning
DC: Eric Washington

The real dream team.

Can’t agree with Henning. He wasn’t great but pretty good veteran offensive play caller. Jeff Davidson was worse. And if you want to go back further, Joe Pendry.

Eric Washington wasn’t anywhere near ready to be a DC. I blame that on Rivera. Good DL coach though which is his forte. 

Edited by Prowler2k18

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Well, with Marty on the job, I’d give Tepper a mulligan. I don’t have faith in him but I don’t have faith in Fitterer either. More than half his career was as a scout and everything else has been under Carroll and Schneider. He was still an area scout when Carroll was hired so  I doubt he had anything to do with a coach search. I’ve been worried that he’s got one view of how to do things and until we get our Russell Wilson or have those solid first drafts, we’re treading water.

I do think that without a GM, Tepper would be very tempted to find an NFL exec with good experience. I don’t think it’s far fetched at all that he picks a decent person, but I certainly don’t have faith in him because he screwed up once already. I just don’t see anything in Fitterer’s past to say he’s got a much better chance to succeed because Tepper could fall into it as long as he finds the right advisor. I certainly don’t think Tepper is a sycophant (which isn’t even the right word) that is wouldn’t try to find a pro if it was just him.

The names Tepper threw into the hat last time were mostly analytics types who didn't have a lot of experience in personnel evaluation.

His thing since he started has been to do things differently than others so that he can show how smart he is.

Except...he isn't.

Edited by Mr. Scot