• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Power Rankings post week 2

ncfan

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Spoiler alert:  This is a bottom half of the league roster

I'm not sure what people are seeing when they say this roster is full of talent. This is easily a bottom 10 roster. Even saying "bottom 10" is being generous TBH.

Yeah, coaching is a problem, but it's definitely not the only problem.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'm not sure what people are seeing when they say this roster is full of talent. This is easily a bottom 10 roster. Even saying "bottom 10" is being generous TBH.

There is not one position group in the top 10 in the nfl and there is not one position group with depth.  We are 2 drafts away from having a top tier nfl roster IMO

7 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

It’s not though. The offense is stacked at all positions. There’s depth where there hasn’t been before. The offensive line was “rebuilt”. Mayfield isn’t good though. 

The defense is another story. The defensive line is too small. The linebackers are too small. The secondary has to run support.

The roster has talent. This isn’t a 2008 Lions situation. But it’s not like this is the Bills roster.

14 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The offense is stacked at all positions.

There's literally ONE elite player on the entire offense. Moore is firmly in the "pretty good but not elite" category, rest of the WRs are crap. TEs are forgettable. OLine is still a huge question mark. And Baker Mayfield is the QB.

"stacked at all positions" LOLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

There's literally ONE elite player on the entire offense. Moore is firmly in the "pretty good but not elite" category, rest of the WRs are crap. TEs are forgettable. OLine is still a huge question mark. And Baker Mayfield is the QB.

I like hepcat as a poster but he is way off here

42 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

How many teams can you look at that have multiple elite players at skill positions on offense? Seriously, go make me a list. 

An offense with an elite RB/WR like CMC, a damn good WR in Moore, a deep threat like Anderson, and supporting WRs like Higgins and Shi Smith should be good enough to move an offense. That’s about as good a pass catching group as there is in the NFL save for a few exceptions.

The TE group is good enough. If you look around the NFL, there aren’t that many “elite” pass catching TEs anymore. We were spoiled having Greg Olsen, but you don’t need a guy like that to have a productive offense. Thomas and Tremble can make enough plays.  Lot of teams are expecting TEs to block more than pass catch these days. 

The offensive line is still a question mark but deeper and more talented than it has been in years past. At least there’s some depth and they finally addressed the LT position (Icky will develop into a good player)

There are two things currently holding the offense back. Ben McAdoo’s archaic playcalling, and Baker Mayfield. It absolutely isn’t talent around the QB.

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I like hepcat as a poster but he is way off here

I think it's really hard to tell how talented our roster is because our coaches haven't been able to use the talent correctly or develop it. 

-Chinn was a great rookie LB and got moved to FS (he is still on the roster and has talent).

-Horn, DJax, and Henderson all have physical talent, but should be man corners not this soft zone poo I have been seeing this year.

-Burns is a solid pass rusher who is dropping back in coverage on 3rd and long.  That's prime time for a sack and they have taken that away from him.

-Brown flashes, but he has been the only player on the DL that is halfway decent at stopping the run.  When he is playing bad he looks like he is trying to hard and getting out of his lane to overcompensate for the lesser talent around him

-Shaq is a talented yet overpaid LB who looks like he has regressed so far this year.  Woods is also a decent safety

On offense we have arguable the best RB in the league, a QB who has shown he can help take a team to the playoffs, and a great WR in Moore.  We have other WRs like TMJ and Higgins that our staff is refusing to let get any playing time.  We have a great RT, BC looks the part of LG, Corbett is an average RG, and we just took Icky in the top 10 who everyone seemed to be on board with.

Sorry for the long post, but our roster is good enough to win these games, but our coaching is killing us.  It's hard to get a real value on these players when our coaches don't know how to use them correctly.