• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic NFL podcast - Whats next for the Panthers

mrcompletely11

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

So Tepper would be content to make this fanbase catatonic and let Rhule coach another season after this?

Last year people said this season is make or break. Now you are saying next season is make or break.

Unless something happens Rhule won’t be coaching next year. 

Also next year isn’t the last year of his contract  

Yeah you're right it's a 7 year deal. I keep forgetting we gave him an insane deal. It's like my mind won't accept that he got that many years.

Some fans were saying last year was it for Rhule, but I said he would stay. I still think he'll have another season after this one. I'm just going by what Tepper said when asked about Rhule. I would fire Rhule near the end of this season. The stadium is full of opposing fans, the team has no identity, and we're headed nowhere. 

I hope your prediction is correct. I want Rhule out.

14 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yeah you're right it's a 7 year deal. I keep forgetting we gave him an insane deal. It's like my mind won't accept that he got that many years.

Some fans were saying last year was it for Rhule, but I said he would stay. I still think he'll have another season after this one. I'm just going by what Tepper said when asked about Rhule. I would fire Rhule near the end of this season. The stadium is full of opposing fans, the team has no identity, and we're headed nowhere. 

I hope your prediction is correct. I want Rhule out.

I would like to think Tepper isn’t that stupid. Say we win 5 games again. That means 3 years where nothing changed and the team didn’t get better. 
Last year it was easier to predict Rhule would stay because a lot of coaches, unless they screw up royally, get at least 3 years. 
Oof Rhule gets to stay a 4th years and goes 5-12 or worse this season, 2022. That has never been done in the history of the NFL. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I would like to think Tepper isn’t that stupid. Say we win 5 games again. That means 3 years where nothing changed and the team didn’t get better. 
Last year it was easier to predict Rhule would stay because a lot of coaches, unless they screw up royally, get at least 3 years. 
Oof Rhule gets to stay a 4th years and goes 5-12 or worse this season, 2022. That has never been done in the history of the NFL. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets canned. That seems reasonable what you're saying.