• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official “Preseason” Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Orr, Montgomery, and Vondras headed back to juniors. Kind of wanted to see Orr during the preseason but, oh well. It was also reported that Fitzgerald isn’t taking part in training camp due to an undisclosed injury.

That’s four players gone, a good amount to go.

If I had to guess, I’d say the roster will be (if they keep 23):

Turbo - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Stastny - Staal - Fast

Marty - Drury - Kase

Stepan

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

De Haan - Bear

Coghlan

Chatfield

Andersen

Raanta

If we only go with 22, I expect Chatfield to go down but he’ll obviously come back up in the event of an injury or if Bear gets traded. I also fully expect Noesen to be the first call up once Kase inevitably gets hurt.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Orr, Montgomery, and Vondras headed back to juniors. Kind of wanted to see Orr during the preseason but, oh well. It was also reported that Fitzgerald isn’t taking part in training camp due to an undisclosed injury.

That’s four players gone, a good amount to go.

If I had to guess, I’d say the roster will be (if they keep 23):

Turbo - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Stastny - Staal - Fast

Marty - Drury - Kase

Stepan

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

De Haan - Bear

Coghlan

Chatfield

Andersen

Raanta

If we only go with 22, I expect Chatfield to go down but he’ll obviously come back up in the event of an injury or if Bear gets traded. I also fully expect Noesen to be the first call up once Kase inevitably gets hurt.

I really want to see Stepan above line 4. Just to see if it works. I think we underutilized him last year. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s worth a shot. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I really want to see Stepan above line 4. Just to see if it works. I think we underutilized him last year. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s worth a shot. 

Not exactly sure where he would fit except maybe on Staal’s wing, but Stastny is a better player and a better fit with Staal in my opinion.

I’d actually like to see a fourth line of:

Drury - Stepan - Kase

I think that fourth line could be the best in the league.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not exactly sure where he would fit except maybe on Staal’s wing, but Stastny is a better player and a better fit with Staal in my opinion.

I’d actually like to see a fourth line of:

Drury - Stepan - Kase

I think that fourth line could be the best in the league.

Ya I don’t know either, if there is injury I’d fill him up in a heartbeat. I’d put him on 2 currently. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Didn't Necas say he wanted to play Center this year? 

Hope we don't get the Necas from last year.....

He did but in order for that to happen, KK would need to flop.

I personally feel like our success rides on his and Kotkaniemi’s growth.

We know what we are getting with Turbo, Aho, and Svech; and I think Jarvis makes a massive leap this year. I think Stastny will fill in seamlessly for Nino and along with Staal and Fast, they will form a good checking line. As for the fourth line, I think it will be elite. In my opinion, Drury and Kase could each put up 15 goals this year and Stepan, Marty, and potentially Noesen are all good options for the final spot on that fourth line.

A lot is going to ride on KK being able to seamlessly fill in for Trocheck and Necas becoming a 60 point player.

Once we get Patches back though… team could be unstoppable.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Wife is out of town all week and I’m off work. Probably make the drive tomorrow and watch the boys. This is my first pre-season game ever - is it worth going?

I’ve never been to a Canes preseason game, but I’d figure if you are going to go then tomorrow is probably as good a time as any since it looks like the vets are going to play tomorrow.

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just Wednesday’s game right, we still play Tuesday and Thursday as of right now, I believe.

I don’t see either of those games being played in TB if this storm does what they say it will. So they are going to get cancelled or moved to another venue.

By either I mean us or Nashville. 

Edited by Harbingers