• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positions besides qb we need.

carolinanimal

I think we need a vet for the OT...I dont think S is a need

2nd-WR

3rd-QB

4th-DT

6th-BPA

I think strong safety is a need just because we have 2 speedy FS and only one run stopping hard hitting safety in Harris. I just think we lose too much in run support when Harris is not the game for whatever reason.

Do you think we will take another DT despite taking Irvin? I know the guy is not all world or anything but would it be worth using the 4th for a DT who likely won't help us very much? I mean if the DT is a steal or something then yea I would take him but otherwise I don't see the point.

Other than QB?

KR and PR - huge priority. Mark Jones made a big difference to special teams last year.

#2 WR,

#3 WR if Moose does not want to be #3.

OL Depth and potentially new RG.

#1 WR: Steve Smith is still very good, but he is not at the same level we are used to. Maybe it is the QB play, maybe it is the scheme, maybe he is tired of Carolina, maybe because there is no real #2...in any case he is not the same dominant player of the past.

I think strong safety is a need just because we have 2 speedy FS and only one run stopping hard hitting safety in Harris. I just think we lose too much in run support when Harris is not the game for whatever reason.

Do you think we will take another DT despite taking Irvin? I know the guy is not all world or anything but would it be worth using the 4th for a DT who likely won't help us very much? I mean if the DT is a steal or something then yea I would take him but otherwise I don't see the point.

I think we need another NT..

Some of these positions you guys are naming are complete BS. Linebacker? Only if we don't resign T.Davis. Safety? We have good depth at both positions already.

Big Needs

Besides QB of course

1.) CB - Cornerback is only a big need if we aren't able to resign Richard Marshall. Captain isn't starting material to me...another Ricky Manning Jr. I don't think Gamble will ever be an elite corner, just a good one. If we can't resign Marshall, then this will be a big need fo rus.

Regular Needs

1.) WR - Specifically, we need a downfield threat like Drew Carter. Besides Smitty, all of our current WRs are slow. I'm hoping with a new head coach, attitude, and QB. Dwayne Jarrett can perform well enough in camp and preseason to be a solid #2. Still, we need another receiver that can stretch the field.

2.) DT - Even with all the moves we made at DT this year, we still need help there. Kemo is coming off a big injury and has always been overrated. Extremely one-sided player. Hollie Thomas is old. D. Lewis is decent/average but I'm not one of his fans. I have big hopes for Louis Leonard and Tank Tyler. Hopefully, C. Irvin will be able to contribute next year, but I wasn't impressed with him BEFORE he got hurt. I think we need a Big Pass-rushing DT. A guy with all the measurables and is able to break down the pocket from the inside.

I think everything else can be notched up to depth and hopefully new coaching. Those are the 3 big ones for me.

if you people want to draft a new olb lets draft a local that plays at florida yes thats right im saying lets get BRANDON SPIKES!!!!!!!!! i know he is a mlb but he is good enough to go to olb and with him davis and beason.... wow what do i need to say...

spikes.jpg

Cuz the guy is a dirty player who tries to gouge peoples' eyes out. Btw they should've lost to USC if it wasn't for Moe Brown who forgot how to catch for some reason that game.

Some of these positions you guys are naming are complete BS. Linebacker? Only if we don't resign T.Davis. Safety? We have good depth at both positions already.

i said lb because now would be the perfect time to get a lb to replace diggs, so we can have a young fast lb core. why wait till we have to replace diggs? good teams look to the future. unless you think james anderson is the one.

i want to see upgrades everywhere. none of this being content with having 21 or 22 starters return.

i think we are in the best shape at RB, everything else needs improving.

QB: without question

FB: hoover can't be relied on anymore cause he is getting so beat up. if the answer is fiammetta, fine, he needs to step it up. if it's sutton, fine.

WR: we need a few more solid WRs to come in. i'm not impressed with smith this year. his head isn't in it and he's lost some fire and a step or two. i don't want to wait around to see what the problem is. we need to improve there in a big way. i want us to have 4 reliable WRs to turn to. pick up kevin walter, jason avant, and chris henry and i'll be tickled. if jarrett can compete then all the better. we just have to have a QB and gameplan that will spread the ball around early and often to these guys.

TE: i don't have much of a problem here though jeff king could probably go. too many false starts. i agree with RB that we need a TE that isn't one dimensional. if one of those falls to us, i don't have a problem cutting any one of the three we have.

OL: only starter i have an issue with is vincent and that's because he's old. we need his replacement to be ready to go. we also need serious upgrades on depth. aside from robinson we could scrap all of them. i'd want to get bridges back (he fits and only has a 1 year deal with the cards). get someone who has experience as a center and OG and i would feel fine.

DE: i'm, ready to move on from pep. i have faith in brown, brayton, and johnson but would love for us to go out and get someone with some decent experience and a good bit of speed. if meeks or whoever it is can be creative with the blitzes, we can make due with less at DE. on the whole, i don't see a large drop off from pep. sure, we'll miss the 2 or 3 games he has multiple sacks a season but overall it won't hurt as much as people think.

DT: i like the idea of a healthy and cheaper kemo (both could happen but i wouldn't count on it), hollis, tank, leonard, and irvin. i doubt lewis will be around and he probably shouldn't be. next year this is what lewis is due: $755,000 (+ $9.3 million option bonus due in March). both him and kemo have similar contracts. kemo is aging and coming back from a nasty injury. too many questions there. lewis is just old and too easy to replace, imo. i want us to really go after a NT, though. i don't trust kemo or hollis to be around and be relied upon if they are still here.

LB: we need a better option at Sam. connor and anderson are decent depth but we need someone else. anderson only has a 1 year contract so i wouldnt' be surprised to see him gone. pick up a good strongside to start and keep diggs, connor, and anderson as depth.

CB: always something that can be improved. marshall can really be upgraded. i like the potential in munnerlynn and would like to see what he can do. marshall is a FA next year anyway. i don't see them giving him a huge contract. i'd rather see us make a move for carlos rodgers.

S: i want someone brought in who can push harris for the job. he needs to get back to forcing fumbles. i think he's great but we can get better. if somehow we can get antoine bethea (if the colts are stupid enough to let him go), i'd do that in an instant. at FS, i like the potential that martin has. i'm not fond of keeping godfrey there. i just don't see how he makes us better in any capacity. ditch him and pick up danieal manning. manning isn't a bad FS and is a good returner.

STs: upgrade at kicker and punter. get 2 guys who can do it all. we need an upgrade at gunner and we need a couple good returners. sutton has potential. i want better, though.

i want to see upgrades everywhere. none of this being content with having 21 or 22 starters return.

i think we are in the best shape at RB, everything else needs improving.

QB: without question

FB: hoover can't be relied on anymore cause he is getting so beat up. if the answer is fiammetta, fine, he needs to step it up. if it's sutton, fine.

WR: we need a few more solid WRs to come in. i'm not impressed with smith this year. his head isn't in it and he's lost some fire and a step or two. i don't want to wait around to see what the problem is. we need to improve there in a big way. i want us to have 4 reliable WRs to turn to. pick up kevin walter, jason avant, and chris henry and i'll be tickled. if jarrett can compete then all the better. we just have to have a QB and gameplan that will spread the ball around early and often to these guys.

TE: i don't have much of a problem here though jeff king could probably go. too many false starts. i agree with RB that we need a TE that isn't one dimensional. if one of those falls to us, i don't have a problem cutting any one of the three we have.

OL: only starter i have an issue with is vincent and that's because he's old. we need his replacement to be ready to go. we also need serious upgrades on depth. aside from robinson we could scrap all of them. i'd want to get bridges back (he fits and only has a 1 year deal with the cards). get someone who has experience as a center and OG and i would feel fine.

DE: i'm, ready to move on from pep. i have faith in brown, brayton, and johnson but would love for us to go out and get someone with some decent experience and a good bit of speed. if meeks or whoever it is can be creative with the blitzes, we can make due with less at DE. on the whole, i don't see a large drop off from pep. sure, we'll miss the 2 or 3 games he has multiple sacks a season but overall it won't hurt as much as people think.

DT: i like the idea of a healthy and cheaper kemo (both could happen but i wouldn't count on it), hollis, tank, leonard, and irvin. i doubt lewis will be around and he probably shouldn't be. next year this is what lewis is due: $755,000 (+ $9.3 million option bonus due in March). both him and kemo have similar contracts. kemo is aging and coming back from a nasty injury. too many questions there. lewis is just old and too easy to replace, imo. i want us to really go after a NT, though. i don't trust kemo or hollis to be around and be relied upon if they are still here.

LB: we need a better option at Sam. connor and anderson are decent depth but we need someone else. anderson only has a 1 year contract so i wouldnt' be surprised to see him gone. pick up a good strongside to start and keep diggs, connor, and anderson as depth.

CB: always something that can be improved. marshall can really be upgraded. i like the potential in munnerlynn and would like to see what he can do. marshall is a FA next year anyway. i don't see them giving him a huge contract. i'd rather see us make a move for carlos rodgers.

S: i want someone brought in who can push harris for the job. he needs to get back to forcing fumbles. i think he's great but we can get better. if somehow we can get antoine bethea (if the colts are stupid enough to let him go), i'd do that in an instant. at FS, i like the potential that martin has. i'm not fond of keeping godfrey there. i just don't see how he makes us better in any capacity. ditch him and pick up danieal manning. manning isn't a bad FS and is a good returner.

STs: upgrade at kicker and punter. get 2 guys who can do it all. we need an upgrade at gunner and we need a couple good returners. sutton has potential. i want better, though.

WR-You seriously think Smith has lost a step or two and his head is not in it?

OL-I agree we need depth,I rather sign a vet for depth.We have enough young guys.I also think we should keep bernadu.and robinson of course

LB-I still like Connor to replace diggs.

CB-I think we can survive with what we have.But if a guy falls then take him

S-Could see a upgrade.I think Godfrey should stay.He is young and cheap.

ST-Llyod is doing whats asked of him.keep him and see if he can kick FG.Keep baker.Keep sutton let him keep the KR/PR job or draft a WR than can play WR and Return kicks.

Archived