• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere...

We're better today than we were yesterday.

Then say it again. You came in this thread and started defending Wilks, so let me know why you think he can fix this team.

We aren't better than we were yesterday and things won't get better until after we have a new staff with a full over season

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, jtgPanther said:

Then say it again. You came in this thread and started defending Wilks, so let me know why you think he can fix this team.

We aren't better than we were yesterday and things won't get better until after we have a new staff with a full over season

Off season

• Poo 1

Just now, jtgPanther said:

Matt Rhule is gone.

That's better.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Cardinal fans on Wilks:

"Their pain has only just begun"

"For now you [like Wilks]. Wait until he says gap integrity for the 300th time"

"Over under times they pass the 50 yard line? 3 for the season"

Its gonna be a shitshow

Superbowl!!!!

7 hours ago, jtgPanther said:

As a head coach he was 3-13. Now some will say that the Cardinals were terrible and the organization was a mess. With the current state of this franchise, how is that any different? 

As a defensive coordinator he was terrible, and blitzed just about every down. To the point that other teams knew exactly what we were going to do and would just run right at the blitz. His Missouri team was ranked 124 out of 130 in rush defense and gave up almost 300 yards to Southeast Missouri State.

He failed as a defensive coordinator here, Cleveland and Missouri. 

I think he is a fine position coach, but when it comes to putting together a game plan and making adjustments during the game he doesn't have it.

Actually he got hired as the Cardinals HC after one season as the DC here the #2 defense ranked top 10 in almost every metric and #1 in sacks but keep at it with your 16th post.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Actually he got hired as the Cardinals HC after one season as the DC here the #2 defense ranked top 10 in almost every metric and #1 in sacks but keep at it with your 16th post.

No, we we finished the season ranked 11th in total defense(which isn't bad), but that was Sean McDermott's defensive and you know that. 

Now please, explain his time with AZ, Cleveland and Missouri? 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We were 11th in points allowed with a stacked defensive roster.  Snow never had anyone of the same level as Kuechly, Davis, Star, Short or Peppers.

Wilks is what he is. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

We were 11th in points allowed with a stacked defensive roster.  Snow never had anyone of the same level as Kuechly, Davis, Star, Short or Peppers.

Wilks is what he is. 

Mr 16 posts is talking out his butt.... Someone's refound alt no doubt...  I still expect nothing from this season but hyperbole is dumb.... So is pretending I think he's going to magicaly turn things around.

• Poo 1

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Mr 16 posts is talking out his butt.... Someone's refound alt no doubt...  I still expect nothing from this season but hyperbole is dumb.... So is pretending I think he's going to magicaly turn things around.

Lol pipe down Trevor Lawrence, sorry I haven't posted as much as you. Wilks is still a shitty option for head coach even if it's only interim status.

• Poo 2

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The only problem is, I don't see a franchise QB out there this year.  Stroud seems to be the front runner but OSU is loaded with talent and he just works the system well.  Young is a midget and after Baker I don't know if we want a small QB.   IMO these QBs have as many question marks as last year's class or the year before, including Lawrence. 

I agree, totally. OSU scares me. Having a star cast of characters does inflate stats. Matt Corral didn't have that. Young is smaller and lighter than Corral. It's a toss up to me. I'd just do the right thing and go best DE.

If we stay 3-4 Will Anderson in we go back to 4-3 Miles Murphy. We need another DE badly.

Will Levis is intriguing but a risk as a top five in my opinion. Moving up into late first with that second, then you'll get some value out of this draft at QB.