• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone know what ever happened to...

Lilsmitty09

he San Francisco 49ers signed Weinke on December 12, 2007 after injuries to quarterbacks Alex Smith and Trent Dilfer. He started the final game of the 2007 season in a 20-7 loss to the Cleveland Browns. Weinke was not brought back to the 49ers for the 2008 season...

and then he dropped off the face of the earth.

he San Francisco 49ers signed Weinke on December 12, 2007 after injuries to quarterbacks Alex Smith and Trent Dilfer. He started the final game of the 2007 season in a 20-7 loss to the Cleveland Browns. Weinke was not brought back to the 49ers for the 2008 season...

and then he dropped off the face of the earth.

haha. the niners. i believe they also got foster a while ago too. alright. thanks man.

he was already not making much, i remember seeing him leave practice back in 05 or 06 when my high school football team went to the stadium for a tour because we traveled 4 hours to play against west charlotte. Anyways, he had like this 01' Jeep Cherokee, pretty low key stuff for a NFL player. So its not like he was important.

• 5 weeks later...

apparently he only got a 500k signing bonus and minimum salaries for his first three years, with playing time and winning incentives that could have gotten him to 20 mil, obviously that never happened, cudos to him for managing his money and not buying a Ferrari with his signing bonus

haha. the niners. i believe they also got foster a while ago too. alright. thanks man.

You could've searched for that yourself, just like he did. It's not like he performed some magic.

Heisman winners rarely do. I think it is usually due to them being drafted high and being forced into the lineup before they should be.

It definitely has something to do with how they are utilized and not really talent itself.

Archived