• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

Just now, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Fitt literally walked into a situation with a below average roster, and somehow made it worse.

Every single year.

Two years under Fitt, we've given out some of the worst contracts, and made some of the worst trades.

The two years under Fitt, have been among the worst offseasons out of the entire NFL.

UMM HELLOOO??? DO YOU HAVE EYEBALLS?

What about his flip flopping of draft strategy? 

"Hey lets get as many picks as we can, throw as many darts as we can" to "fug it draft picks dont matter"

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're really going off the rails here.

No idea why this is making you so angry.

What makes you think I am angry?  I'm just poking fun at some "logic" that was used.  It was more sarcasm that anger (probably hard to translate through the computer).  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not 100% against Quinn if it got to that but to have him as your #1 guy is fuging fireable on general principle

I am 100% against it. Wrong direction with a predictable outcome. He is a DC and nothing more. He is really good but still just a DC. I'm tired of wanting to emulate the fugging Seahawks glory days. There are better trees out there and I hate being tied to that one at this point. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It was just stated we have had the same coach over 3 years and look worse that ever.  Rhule would be the constant and Fitt would be building the roster to make it better right?  It's a good point by @R0CKnR0LLA.

So Fitt was doing the FAs when we signed Elf and Erving, then Morgan comes in and we sign Bozeman, and Corbett?  If that is true then Morgan seems better off of that.  So who is responsible for us having no draft capital?

I will agree that drafts are still hard to tell.  It took Brown 3 years to develop, but that just means Fitt still haven't proven much at all....

A team coached by a bad coach gets worse the longer he's here, but that's the GM's fault? 🤔

Just now, Waldo said:

I am 100% against it. Wrong direction with a predictable outcome. He is a DC and nothing more. He is really good but still just a DC. I'm tired of wanting to emulate the fugging Seahawks glory days. There are better trees out there and I hate being tied to that one at this point. 

I agree and know what you are saying but I think baseline Quinn elevates this franchise 3 levels up from Rhule.  Still not great but watchable on sundays.  And I think if tepper strikes out with the top guys he may just be okay with that

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I don't really want Quinn either, or any other retread for that matter.

With that said, there are definitely examples of guys who did way better on their second coaching job than their first. Bill Belichick is the most obvious example, but there are other guys like Marv Levy and Dick Vermeil on the list too.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that it will, but it's definitely possible given Quinn has ties to both of our top two decision makers and fits the profile of what people believe Tepper wants (though that's speculation too).

You wrote up a detailed and thorough list that I hope never comes close to being brought here. Stuff of nightmares. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule also drafted some players I like too.

I'm not of the mind we have to throw out every piece of furniture that Matt Rhule ever touched.

I assume that you “liked” those players based on performance. What are we basing his hiring of Fitt on? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really want Quinn either, or any other retread for that matter.

With that said, there are definitely examples of guys who did way better on their second coaching job than their first. Bill Belichick is the most obvious example, but there are other guys like Marv Levy and Dick Vermeil on the list too.

All true but all those guys ran really good offenses. Levy came up with the no-huddle? Crazy for a guy who played DB. All that sounds like the exceptionals and the standards. 

I just can't see Quinn as more than a DC, Dallas would be smart to keep him but then again DCs are a lot easier to find now than a good OC. Trends change. I wonder how McD will do when he loses another OC? Ron had trouble losing DCs in back to back years. (not trying to knock McD but it is a huge challenge and they looked a lot better under their last OC superstar)